6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Magpul MOE SL line of hand guards fit the triangular shaped hand guard cap? I ordered Magpul's new mid-length SL hand guard and tried to fit it on a factory Bravo Company Mfg mid-length upper last night. Try as I might, I couldn't get the bottom front lip of the hand guard to go into the cap. The top section installed with no problem. I compared the new MOE SL hand guard to the older MOE hand guard I took off and the older one has a groove for the bottom edge of the triangular cap to fit in. The new MOE SL hand guard doesn't have the groove. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
From their website: https://www.magpul.com/products/moe-sl-hand-guard-mid-length

"*NOTE: The Mid-Length MOE SL Hand Guard is a direct replacement for most factory plastic, two-piece, mid-length hand guards and utilizes the existing ROUND front hand guard retaining cap and spring-loaded delta ring. Must be used with A2 front sight assembly; triangular retaining caps and other gas blocks are not compatible

If so equipped, the factory sling swivel must be removed from the A2 front sight assembly."

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
I have round caps if you want one to swap it out. Send me a PM and you can have one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I looked over their website, packaging and instructions and I never saw the disclaimer. Now I'll have to look again to satisfy my own curiosity. Either way, 30 seconds with a Dremel and it will fit. Why doesn't Magpul make it fit both right out of the box? Here I thought the second generation of a product was supposed to improve upon the first.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yup, round only. Wish they had made it like the original MOE where it could go on either because I have a BCM Middy as well. Mine is a pinned 14.5" though so it's not as easy as a swap of the handguard cap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts