6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I could find no current information via the search function that seemd to fit my needs I figured I would start a new thread. I am currently in the final stages of planning my 6.8 build and would like to get suggestions on magazines. I prefer 25 round capacity mags and will be ordering a small number of 5 round magazines also (In the event I take this rifle hunting in a specific state). What I am looking for are suggestions on brands, retailers, and personal experiences/testimonials.

·
Registered
410 Posts
For 25 rounders, PRI, new generation with waffle pattern body. C Products 25 rounder. PRI is a far better magazine but the CP's are good for training. If you replace the spring in the CP mags with a good CS spring it would be much better.

For 5, 10, 15 rounders PRI again, CP second

For 30 rounders the only manufacturer is Barrett. Excellent magazine, but longer and heavier than the others and will only except ammo that is loaded to 2.260" overall length. If you are not a reloader this will not be important as all current factory ammo is at 2.260 and under.

This thread belongs in the magazine section and I anticipate it being moved there soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops, I thought I had posted this in the magazine section. instead I closed the wrong tab (magazine section) and posted in the wrong one. my apologies to the mod that fixed it for me. I also thank rcrandall for his advice. Any more advice from anyone including any advice on where to buy?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I like the PRI the best because you can load the ammo out to 2.31" while the C-Products you can only load them out to 2.280". The C-Products mags are much better than when they first came out and are very reliable. For the price, they are pretty good. They aren't as god as the PRI, but they are god, especially for when you are just staring out.

If you want to get PRI, I'd get them from PRI. For C-Products, I'd get them from 44Mag or check some of our sponsors here. I wouldn't order them from C-Products.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I agree paulosantos... I called c-products and they couldnt even tell me why the mags had brown followers nor the difference between them, the black and the gray...

you also might want to check out jtdistributing.... they have thier own dsc 6.8 mags with the black magpul anti-tilt followers and chrome silicone springs already installed.... they are black marlube finish ss mags in 5-10-17-25 rounds.... they are 21.99 each...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just dont go through c-products just had a very BAD experience with them.. especially with the lying peoplethere lj and sara use 44mag you;ll recieve it in 3-days priority mail....roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts