6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many years ago I bought a STAG 16 inch 6.8 upper after building the lower, etc. I recently bought a STAG Varmiter in 6.8, 20.77 inch barrel. I have recently been reading the re-loading threads, and see that some people can get the overall length out to 2.295. Checking my mags, two from Stag Arms and one from C-Products, the longest I can load is 2.285, and that's cutting it close. I probably should limit it to 2.280. So can you buy mags that allow for longer lengths, or am I somewhat limited by the size of the magazine pocket. Just wondering. Preferred vendors? I am in NYS so anything larger than ten rounds is a crime.

Might as well make it a multiple question. What's the cheapest bullet you have found for reloading? 85 or 95 grain.

Have been learning a lot from you guys, great forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cavity Back Bullets sells a modified PRI magazine that allows loading longer than stock mag.

Rocky Mountain Reloading sells 90gr Speer Gold Dots about as cheap as anybody.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Speer 90 grain TNT bullets are really good too and can be bought in bulk for around 17 cents ea. Maybe a bit cheaper if you catch them on sale.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think any 6.8 mag will work for 90 grain bullets. The longer/heavier bullets might benefit from the modified PRI mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts