6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm a lefty. It was the first thing I bought when I got my garand.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Interesting..... For $75 think I'd pass. I've also gotten really good at keeping back of my hand against the charging handle. If I was into letting lots of other people shoot my guns might think about it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to clarify. 11 year old son gifted Grandpa's Garand. Y'all know the hell to be paid if it gets his thumb.😥

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anybody know anything about the Holbrook device for the Garand? Yeah or nay? Thoughts?
I guess this is another option? From the article in The American Rifleman...

Also, here's a link to all sorts of videos on the Holbrook device...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Best I can tell, this is kinda like the "5.56 vs .223"! LOL!
5.56 in a .223 NO!
.223 in a 5.56 OK!

Gentlemen, when I started building AR's, I paid no attention to chamber. I built with both 5.56 AND .223 chambers and I shot whatever ammo I had available. Never the first problem.
The last AR I built, i stumbled into a .223 Wylde chambered bull barrel.

Has anyone actually "witnessed" a 5.56 round damage a gun with a .223 chamber?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just to clarify. 11 year old son gifted Grandpa's Garand. Y'all know the hell to be paid if it gets his thumb.
It's a non-permanent mod that takes 2 minutes to reverse. If the kid gets older and wants an authentic experience, remove it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Best I can tell, this is kinda like the "5.56 vs .223"! LOL!
5.56 in a .223 NO!
.223 in a 5.56 OK!

Gentlemen, when I started building AR's, I paid no attention to chamber. I built with both 5.56 AND .223 chambers and I shot whatever ammo I had available. Never the first problem.
The last AR I built, i stumbled into a .223 Wylde chambered bull barrel.

Has anyone actually "witnessed" a 5.56 round damage a gun with a .223 chamber?
By 5.56 round I assume you mean a round loaded for the military and intended to be fired in military 5.56 weapons . If so I assure you a steady diet would cause more wear and tear than lighter .223 loadings . As you know .223 shorter free bore would result in higher pressure than the same load in a looser - longer chamber . How many rounds and how much quicker the wear would depend on too many factors to predict .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts