6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only can I have seen rated for the uciw is the griffin armament recce7. Any others?

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts
I talked to Dale Poling at Elite Iron about shooting my 6.8 Delta can on an 8.2" barrel. He said it was good to go and it would hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4 I'll look into it. I'm really looking for a 30 cal can, so I can shoot my 308 through it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It depends on what your looking for. From everything I read on the two they are both very tough and well made. The saker is a lighter and shorter can. They have the same baffle set up. However the saker is made out of a stronger material but they both have a lifetime warranty. The specwar in theory should be slightly quieter due to its length. They both have well spoken of attachment mechanisms. I bought the specwar (have not received it yet) I chose it because it was cheaper and the length and weight didn't matter to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Of the two what would y'all pick?
I couldn't find it in my notes but I THINK the Saker is FA rated (hence the stronger materials). Since that wasn't an issue for me, I ignored that fact. My buddy got the Saker so I got the Specwar. In reality you are trading off a couple of things:

Saker
- shorter
- lighter
- one hand QD mount

Specwar
- quiter
- less expensive

Recently Silencer Shop did a Specwar/Spectre combo (their .22 can) for like $820 plus tax. That is a hard deal to beat.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I couldn't find it in my notes but I THINK the Saker is FA rated (hence the stronger materials). Since that wasn't an issue for me, I ignored that fact. My buddy got the Saker so I got the Specwar. In reality you are trading off a couple of things:

Saker
- shorter
- lighter
- one hand QD mount

Specwar
- quiter
- less expensive

Recently Silencer Shop did a Specwar/Spectre combo (their .22 can) for like $820 plus tax. That is a hard deal to beat.
Thanks for showing the trade-offs!

·
Registered
17 Posts

Saker
- shorter
- lighter
- one hand QD mount

Specwar
- quiter
- less expensive

They are both FA rated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a Saker and I'm very happy with it on my SIX8 UCIW. I've considered boring a 556 endcap to .32 or .33" to see if it makes any difference but doubt I'll be able to hear any difference.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just put an order in for a Saker at my local fun shop. He said it'll take about 6-8 weeks to come in through his LE/MIl distributor.

I was sold on the attachment options. He told me he's seen the push button on the Specwar have issues in as little as 6 months.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's worth it, IMHO. But you have to be reasonable in your expectations . . . I mean, you're taming something that is HolySevenPoundNineOunceBabyJesus LOUD.
Haha yeah I know what you mean and so does my left ear. I've been hoping someone would post a video for months now but no luck minus the Griffin armament video. I'd like to see can vs no can.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts