6.8 SPC Forums banner

LWRC M6A2 PSD PISTOL 8.5 inch 6.8spc

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  makoshark75 
#1 ·
I just picked up a brand new unfired lwrc m6a2 psd 8.5 inch pistol in 6.8spc. It was manufactured in 2009 per the serial number. It is marked lwrc international. The gunsmith at lwrc told me it should have the “6.8spc2” spec chamber. I know they have updated to the six8 for their current offerings. I’m looking for any info on this older model. Opinions of the weapon, quality, reliability, tips for ammo etc etc. this is my first 6.8 and first Ar type pistol. I also got 120 rds of SSA 90gr tnt ammo with it and one barret 30rd mag. I got it for what I consider a steal I really like it but if the new six8 from lwrc is a better platform I could sell this and purchase one of those just looking for opinions on this model. Thanks guys

#4 ·
I have one, once I massaged the feed ramps for the .277 diameter bullet it shoots real good. With my hand load it’s pushing 90gr gold dot at 2500 fps under an inch on target. I do use one of slashes buffers though and an a5 tube, mines an sbr though

she barks
I’ll say that

#12 ·
I have both old and new they are about the same. Like you brought out you can use Barret or ASC mags and I have never had any problems with any GI mags. The newer uses LWRC P-MAGS they are a little heavy I preferer the 20 rounder's . The 8.5 barrel is great it hits at 350 yards no problem. I did change trigger out to a 3 gun quick and fast reset. As far as stock I run a LWRC UCIW it's a nice small package. I run a socom 308 mini can and it's very balanced gun. You will enjoy it.

#13 ·
I’m really liking this gun so far. I’ve put 60rds thru it this week. it came with one 30rd barret mag which has worked fine. No feeding or cycling issues only issue we’re two failure to fires with the ssa ammo which fired on the second strike. Figure I’ll clean the bolt up or maybe those were just part of the break in period as this gun had never been fired just sitting in a safe for 13 years. mine has the pistol buffer but I would like to get a brace eventually for more stability. Gun appears very accurate so far I was making repeated hits standing at 100 yards, it definitely has some bark which I appreciate. I think I’ll be keeping this one I can see it riding in the truck with me along with a few spare mags. if the only difference between this and the six8 platform is the bigger mag well for p mags I’ll probably just keep this one and buy more barret mags. this is also my first lwrc

#14 ·
Congrats on the lwrc. Happy hunting on the Barrett mags. I picked up 4 from pk firearms a couple of years ago for $24 each brand new. I wanted a few more but I needed to make sure they were reliable. After testing them at the range with no issues I decided to get a few more. PK was sold out. Looks like Barrett has discontinued their support of the 6.8. I can only find the Barrett mags on gunbroker for ridiculous prices.

#15 ·
Yea I haven’t found any. Went ahead and ordered three of the pri 25 rd mags. it does seem the 6.8 is a niche round. Makes sense now why I was the only bidder at the auction, but for what I paid I’ll pay the price to play. this thing shoots great the rounds smack my steel plates with more authority than my 5.56. put another 20 rds of the ssa ammo last night. No issues gun cycles great. Hoping the pri mags function the same

#16 ·
This was my first SBR - very pleased with LWRC quality. I’ve put about 1200 rounds through it; really likes 90gr Gold Dots. I keep it close as a suppressed home defense gun.

On recent range trips I‘ve noticed some hard recoil but nothing too concerning. Shoots about 2MOA suppressed and unsuppressed.

#17 ·
Thanks! I’m really enjoying mine. Starting to load ammo for it this week with the 90gr tnt and imr 4198. I’m just using the stock iron sights and it does pretty well. I’d like a red dot or something for it eventually. the gun has impressed me to say the least, boringly reliable and fun to shoot.

#19 ·
I have an 8" 6.8 and in addition to being tiny without a suppressor its got the bark of some 308 pistols I have run. 250 yards is farthest run my 8" 6.8 spc II but its easy "minute of man" at that range. Its more of a toy I take to range when introducing people to 6.8 so they can run everything from 8" to 24" and in between. My favorite shorter length is 13.7" and favorite overall 18" but when wife and I cross state lines on trips usually have a pair of 6.8 10" pistols so can carry loaded on our CCW/GWL using reciprocal rights.

Both our 10" pistol truck guns are piston drive Noveskes and ringing steel out to 300 to 350 yards is usually a first round proposition. For tiny defensive use 8" to 11.5" 6.8s are surprisingly consistent and accurate. Enjoy your new toy.

Reactions: makoshark75
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.