6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and looking for answers, I apologize if this question has already been addressed. I own an LWRC M6 A1-S upper that hasn't seen a lot of use lately. I would love to have the LWRC Six8 8" pistol barrel and piston assembly installed on my upper by the factory. I have been to the LWRC site but there's no contact info on how to contact to even ask if the conversion is possible and the cost. I assume they want you to go to one of their licensed dealers? I'm looking for a compact truck gun and the 6.8 looks promising. l would appreciate any insight or suggestions.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Why go LWRC? Granted they make a reliable gun, but you can build an effective truck gun, thats a tack driver in 6.8 alot cheaper. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response and the advice. I wanted LWRC because their pistol upper is piston and I could use my current bolt carried group. I checked into just buying a DI pistol upper but they tend to be a little limited in 8" barrel and even buying a no frills 6.8 DI upper with a new bolt, etc. I'm around $600.00. I really would like to score a LWRC piston 8" bbl and go from there, it has to be about the same money? I'm pretty firm on the 8" bbl, I currently have a Brace Built pistol in 5.56 with an 11" bbl and folding buttstock but I want a little shorter OAL for tight spots. I wouldn't put an 8" bbl on a 5.56 but the 6.8 should be a great match. So, any idea where to find the parts I'm looking for, I'm pretty good at foraging the internet and I'm not having much luck.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for the response and the advice. I wanted LWRC because their pistol upper is piston and I could use my current bolt carried group. I checked into just buying a DI pistol upper but they tend to be a little limited in 8" barrel and even buying a no frills 6.8 DI upper with a new bolt, etc. I'm around $600.00. I really would like to score a LWRC piston 8" bbl and go from there, it has to be about the same money? I'm pretty firm on the 8" bbl, I currently have a Brace Built pistol in 5.56 with an 11" bbl and folding buttstock but I want a little shorter OAL for tight spots. I wouldn't put an 8" bbl on a 5.56 but the 6.8 should be a great match. So, any idea where to find the parts I'm looking for, I'm pretty good at foraging the internet and I'm not having much luck.
You can buy a superlative piston conversion kit. The issue O have with LWRC is the accuracy for the price. They wont guarantee more that 1.75 MOA. My build is a 1/2 moa with factory loads for less than $1200. Buying a complete upper is an option, but Im picky and bought mine piece by piece to build. If you just want a truck gun for defense, then consider a pistol caliber carbine. I love my 10mm Banshee. 8" barrel AR pistol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was looking at Bison and I know exactly which one you're talking about. I'm afraid that buying what I would like is too expensive and I realize there are probably better options, just wanted to see how outrageous LWRC would be on their price to put a barrel on my 16". I'm going to start looking for plan B. Thanks for all the help, much appreciated. Have a good 4th!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I got ya now. I misread the original post, I thought you were wanting another upper altogether. sending it in to switch barrels might not be that bad. I might still look at getting a smith (or yourself) to install the 8.5" bison on it. @carnaby might can help with porting suggestions for the piston system

·
Registered
99 Posts
here is an 8.5" upper i speced out for $545 with a bcg and everything so no need to swap your old bolt back and forth.

here is the barrel by itself if you want to throw a piston on it.
Dang it, here I was done building ARs for the moment and now ya got me wanting to build a 6.8 hunting upper for my 5.56 pistol I just built...no worries...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts