6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Wipe out foaming bore cleaner is my favorite for cleaning the bore. Frog Lube seems to be working pretty well for lubrication, though I haven't used it enough to get a real good opinion yet. I have always used Outers or Hoppes gun oil or break-free CLP in the past.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I used Hopes and Singer oil from everything for 20 yr. Then switched to Oster machine oil at $5 an oz when I tried to replace it was more than I wanted to spend .
I have a gallon GI CLP but it has all of the virtues that make it perfect for deep storage and bad for my leather, wood and cases. I went through about 15 variations of lithium, graphite and Teflon spot grease and dry film lubes . After 35 yr I've come full circle Hopes 9 for general clean up, Barns or Sweets for copper fouling and Hopes gun oil for lube .

·
Administrator
22,135 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use ballistol on my Glocks, 3030, and 10/22. I use Slip 2000EWL on everything else. I clean after every shooting, so the EWL works good enough as a cleaner. I do have the Slip 725 around as well, but rarely use it. Glad I never jumped on the Fireclean wagon.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Frog lube. Great lubrication, slicker than snot, smells good, doesn't run off, and as a rust inhibitor it pretty much smokes everthing else out there. Easy on the hands too, no harsh chemicals. Use it to lube all of my reloading equipment as well.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You heard about Fireclean didn't you? The dude was repackaging Canola Oil. Look it up.
And? I don't get all the drama, It works and is the best product I have found for preventing carbon build up for suppressed use and is amazing on my surefire socom mounting system. if you have tested it and have first hand data to share please let me know.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Administrator
22,135 Posts
Explains why RD is always drawing a crowd.

Don't hate him because he's poplar...

Me thinks me's just been called a block-head. :a43: :a01:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.