6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who has good lowers in stock? Lower Kits?

I'm getting the - I don't know when from my local guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I just got 2 Stag stripped lowers in that I back ordered the day before the election from ddsranch.com
I don"t know if they have sold out or not but at the time I ordered they were only 99.95 ea.

Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,217 Posts
BoBean said:
Anyone know who has good lowers in stock? Lower Kits?

I'm getting the - I don't know when from my local guy.
In Texas, check your large gun shows early on Saturday Morning the first day of the show.
Class III Weapons in Houston carries RRA lowers and offers multi-packs. They're in AR15 Industry Section.
SOG Armory - also out of Texas, they have AR everything. I've seen some lowers from time to time.
Mooney's - out of Austin. Carries lowers from different brands.
Lone Star Wholesale - DFW area, but attends gun shows all over the state. Their website tells you which shows they visit. My family has purchased CMMG, Doublestar, DPMS, and Stag from them. They show to be out of stock, but they usually carry many so they probably have some in the pipeline.
or-
Anvil Arms, visit their website. Holding prices on ordered receivers down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Try Kenco in Conroe 936-760-9772, careful he has class 3 stuff 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
try Military Gun Supply Ft.worth, Texas i bought 2 aero precision multi cal. lowers a few days ago and he had several in stock @ $169.99 which isnt to bad. very strict tolerances on these lowers...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts
Just received a lower from Essential Arms. $120 shipped to my FFL in 6 days. The finish looks good although me and my FFL noticed that the thickness in the wall of the magwell seems thinner than other lowers. I haven't put it together yet but I have read good reviews on these lowers. It's hard to get through to them but they did return my call the same day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
proboscis said:
try Military Gun Supply Ft.worth, Texas i bought 2 aero precision multi cal. lowers a few days ago and he had several in stock @ $169.99 which isnt to bad. very strict tolerances on these lowers...
I picked up a number of these lowers right before Thanksgivng as I liked what I saw and forged lowers are generally forged lowers when it comes to specs but did not gave the normal copious amount of data I normally have before I make a purchase.

I liked the mutli-cal, the extra teflon coat on top of the AIII, and lastly that they use the HK symbols instead of "safe" and "fire" text.

Do you have links to there company site or where there lowers are discussed indepth?

Is the tight tolerances you stated from only personal experience or is that a general consensus?

I don't mention put you on the spot but I have only found a couple of passing posts about them. The only thing that was a bit funny was there logo sure looks like Piedmount Airlines.All I know of the company is the are a aerospace company which normally bodes well but then again we have had how many space shuttles blow up? Figured MegaMachine is a aero company and I really like there stuff so....


About that $169 being a good price unless they have a billlet lower you are talking about that is not a good price IMO. You can get just about any lower for that price even some billets. Even with the slight price increases which has to do with the demand at the consumer level not wholesales level as those prices have not changed much if any. Meaning dealers are making higher profits not having substantial increased costs.

I picked my Aero Precision lowers up for $99 each and my FFL only charges me a $25 transfer fee per event not per unit. Shipping was $10. So 6 lowers worked out to not quite $105 per unit complete. If they had not been a good buy I wouldn't have done it as things are going to be flipped after the new year with a huge flood of parts and lower demand as X-mas is over, Hunting is ending,and everyone has spent or gotten their lowers and mags. Anyways $169 is a bit to high IMO. Unless I just happened to get a fantastic deal cause as I said I didn't do much background checking on these like normal. Only enough to make sure they weren't a POS. I am very happy to hear you are saying they are very good precise spec lowers. Again, any links or what have you would be much appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
is anyone else getting the shaft from their local dealers? Both places near me now want $250 and up for a stripped lower!!! I got mine from one of them for $180 a couple months ago, and they had RRA and Stag for 140-160 then. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,477 Posts
jbone said:
is anyone else getting the shaft from their local dealers? Both places near me now want $250 and up for a stripped lower!!! I got mine from one of them for $180 a couple months ago, and they had RRA and Stag for 140-160 then. :?
It's not the fault of the dealer. Several distributors and manufacturers increased their prices right after the election. Spike receivers went from $105 to $179 for example in one week. The local dealers are having to pay more for new receivers being delivered so they are raising their prices to reflect what they pay. It has been very rare lately to still find lowers at pre election prices although there are some manufacturers who are trying to hold old prices.

It is also a matter of supply and demand. The supply has dried up...the demand has dramatically increased, making the few that are left on the market worth more. It' s no different than any commodity in short supply. The economic law of supply and demand... When lowers are in short supply...there will be some buyers willing to pay a premium to get one. The value of anything is based on what "someone" is willing to pay for it and right now there are apparently many willing to pay inflated prices.

If Obama the almighty and his cronies in crime do not ban AR lowers...the demand will drop dramatically...manufacturing capacity will exceed demand....and then you will see the prices drop.

Kerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Jan. Cheaper than Dirt issue just arrived. Alot of stuff has gone up. 223 ammo up 40%, Magpul mags went from 17.95 to 39.95.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
Ownslee,

I have checked with a number of Manf and their prices only went up 5-10 at the most with some not going up at all. These price increases are the dealers jacking up price cause they can as its fear buying. If you see prices going from 110 up to 130 that is reasonable for he cost increase. If they go from 110 to 179 ro 200 or even 279 that is dealer capitalizing on the situation. Bsides you had many dealers increasing prices on ones they already had in stock and ones that had already been on order at he lower rates if they did go up at all. Spikes as well. He received upper in right after elections. I am not sayings its wrong or its right. Spikes move did put me in a bit of a bind as he had ordered them well before the rush and had the expected arrival date on his site. I purposely did not buy other lowers as I was waiting on those to arrive as I hadn't used his lowers before and they were so highly rated. Then they came in and the price got jumped 40% from what was listed. That was clearly not becasue his cost was higher on them as they were already on the way. It was becasue he had a chance to make more profit as demand went thru the roof. Again not making any judgment but this price increase is largely from dealer raising prices not manufactures. Now there are reasons to raise prices even though they may not cost more but this isn' a economics class which I absolutely hated. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,477 Posts
Tim_W said:
Ownslee,

I have checked with a number of Manf and their prices only went up 5-10 at the most with some not going up at all. These price increases are the dealers jacking up price cause they can as its fear buying. If you see prices going from 110 up to 130 that is reasonable for he cost increase. If they go from 110 to 179 ro 200 or even 279 that is dealer capitalizing on the situation. Bsides you had many dealers increasing prices on ones they already had in stock and ones that had already been on order at he lower rates if they did go up at all. Spikes as well. He received upper in right after elections. I am not sayings its wrong or its right. Spikes move did put me in a bit of a bind as he had ordered them well before the rush and had the expected arrival date on his site. I purposely did not buy other lowers as I was waiting on those to arrive as I hadn't used his lowers before and they were so highly rated. Then they came in and the price got jumped 40% from what was listed. That was clearly not becasue his cost was higher on them as they were already on the way. It was becasue he had a chance to make more profit as demand went thru the roof. Again not making any judgment but this price increase is largely from dealer raising prices not manufactures. Now there are reasons to raise prices even though they may not cost more but this isn' a economics class which I absolutely hated. :lol:
Tim...It's Kerry...

I am not sure I understand your post ...as you are making my point. Spikes distributes their own brand of lower manufactured by one of their vendors. If the price increased 40% on lowers in transit to Spikes from the manufacturer...the 40% increase was set by the manufacturer....not by a dealer. If they were the same price from the manufacturer and Spikes increased the price due to the feeding frenzy...I would attribute the increase to a distributor...again not a dealer.

I am sure there are some dealers trying to capitalize on the situation...but of the increases I have been personally aware of, it has been due to a manufacturer or distributor...not a dealer.

YMMV

Kerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,217 Posts
I took those economics classes too, so I expect to see:

1. Increase in supply as manufacturers replenish inventories, reduce backorders, and ramp up production for increased demand.

2. Decrease in demand, the surge will pass as many consumers have blown their gun panic funds or are on backorder purchases. Christmas shopping is taking precedence, and credit card bills will have to be paid.

Prices will return to more reasonable levels. I think it's already happening as reports come back from a FFL insider. At a large gun show last weekend, dealers who were selling $2000 Colt 6920's that should be $1300-$1400, and $1600 DPMS's that should be $900-1000, were taking the rifles back home with them. They weren't selling at those prices last weekend. It wasn't one of those sell your black rifle inventory at double prices this weekend like recent gun shows after the elections.

$39.95 P-Mags were sitting there, and $30.00 Aluminum Milspec magazines were not moving either. So hopefully we'll see pricing going back to normal. I'm still keeping a mental list of who went crazy with their prices and who didn't. Most of our vendors may not have inventory right now, but they kept pricing in line. Legal Transfers on ARFCOM kept the group buy on Stag rifle kits at $599 through it all. You have to compliment these guys for this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
owenslee said:
Tim_W said:
Ownslee,

I have checked with a number of Manf and their prices only went up 5-10 at the most with some not going up at all. These price increases are the dealers jacking up price cause they can as its fear buying. If you see prices going from 110 up to 130 that is reasonable for he cost increase. If they go from 110 to 179 ro 200 or even 279 that is dealer capitalizing on the situation. Bsides you had many dealers increasing prices on ones they already had in stock and ones that had already been on order at he lower rates if they did go up at all. Spikes as well. He received upper in right after elections. I am not sayings its wrong or its right. Spikes move did put me in a bit of a bind as he had ordered them well before the rush and had the expected arrival date on his site. I purposely did not buy other lowers as I was waiting on those to arrive as I hadn't used his lowers before and they were so highly rated. Then they came in and the price got jumped 40% from what was listed. That was clearly not becasue his cost was higher on them as they were already on the way. It was becasue he had a chance to make more profit as demand went thru the roof. Again not making any judgment but this price increase is largely from dealer raising prices not manufactures. Now there are reasons to raise prices even though they may not cost more but this isn' a economics class which I absolutely hated. :lol:
Tim...It's Kerry...

I am not sure I understand your post ...as you are making my point. Spikes distributes their own brand of lower manufactured by one of their vendors. If the price increased 40% on lowers in transit to Spikes from the manufacturer...the 40% increase was set by the manufacturer....not by a dealer. If they were the same price from the manufacturer and Spikes increased the price due to the feeding frenzy...I would attribute the increase to a distributor...again not a dealer.

I am sure there are some dealers trying to capitalize on the situation...but of the increases I have been personally aware of, it has been due to a manufacturer or distributor...not a dealer.

YMMV

Kerry
On 11/4, Spikes lowers were selling for 105-115. On 11/5, the price went up to 180+ on lowers already in stock. This was not manufacturer price increase. This was a company jacking up the price to take advantage of panic buying. Now that everyone is out of stock, manufacturers have increased prices, distributors have increased prices, and dealers have increased prices. It's basic supply and demand. We gun owners have been our own worst enemies. If people would calm down and quit panicing, the demand would go down, and so would the prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
Kerry,

I think we are saying the same thing. I just re-read what I said and it is not reading the way I was trying to say. I am putting Spike's Vendor as the manufacture and Spikes as the dealer as they sell to the public (retail) . You are labeling Spikes the disributor and I am labeling them a dealer and that in is causing the discrepancy. If either of switches we are saying the same thing.


Art,

That is what a number of manufactures have told me. hat come early spring we will need up with a surplus as everyone catches up and the rush dies back. Right now you have several things converging. The election, hunting season, Christmas. After X-mas most peoples money will be depleted or they will have bought what they needed, hunting will be ending and present buying will be over as well. At the same time the manufacturers increased volume will be hitting the market and everything will stabilize and actually rubber banding the other way some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,217 Posts
I didn't even factor the hunters in the current price spike. I've been so focused on the political fears that I overlooked the ever present hunter related spike in sales each year.

Tim, between what your manufacturers are saying, and what we're seeing at the the retail and wholesale level this past weekend, maybe we've seen the "peak" for now. Prices may drop some, but not by major amounts until the manufacturers get into their production runs.

Hopefully, it won't be long before Lonestar Wholesale has 200-300 lowers at a gun show again, and I can sleep in Saturday morning and still make it to the gun show in time to buy a few lowers from them at $100-150 or so before they're all gone. :D

I am one gentleman (term used very loosely) who will make sure I buy products from the vendors who have tried to keep prices in control this season. We've discussed this before, but I can't mention it enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,217 Posts
I haven't seen an AR10 lower in a while. Armalite sells stripped ones, and gunsmith kits. You could probably get in line over there on an backorder.

CMMG announced 7.62 lowers not too long ago in DPMS/AR10 mag, and G3 HK mag style lowers. Again, that's probably a get in line backorder thing also.

Lonestar Wholesale in the DFW area used to have all sorts of lowers by the dozens including AR10 lowers. I think they're depleted like most others. You can find their website linked through AR15.com in the Industry section. My family has bought lowers and parts from them before and they have been fair. I'm sure they have supplies coming in. Maybe you could get your name on one coming in and have them ship to your local FFL.

I'm holding off of more lower purchases for a month or two. I really feel this buying panic will subside and inventory will show back up at better prices.

If you find some, post the info here. Members are looking for lowers and any help is appreciated.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top