6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys.

Who all makes good lowers. I'm looking for a quality forged lower. I checked out Spikes but he is out.

Anyone familiar with CMMG lowers?

I would get a RRA but it would take about 8 months and I really dont feel like waiting that long when there are alot of good lowers out there.

What I'm looking for is building my 6.8 into more of a target rifle since it has an 18" bbl. Then taking my other lower and slapping it on the 556 upper.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Did Spike say when they will get more in? I only have three spikes lowers and wanted to buy 6 more before the election

·
Registered
704 Posts
Surpised that Spikes is out, I swear I just read yesterday where one of his representatives was saying they had lowers in stock. As far a CMMG, I'd have no problems buying one of their products as long as it was in stock. Have you tried Anvil Arms, usually John keeps them rolling in.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Lastrites said:
Surpised that Spikes is out, I swear I just read yesterday where one of his representatives was saying they had lowers in stock. As far a CMMG, I'd have no problems buying one of their products as long as it was in stock. Have you tried Anvil Arms, usually John keeps them rolling in.

I agree for the money Spikes is a great buy I have two, Im going to get a few more before Nov. As they are a sponsor, send him an IM and see what he says, let us know!

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I just bought a spikes lower a week ago. Already shipped, cant wait to see the pictures of it when the GF picks it up on sat.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
To be honest, of the ones that I have looked at the major brands (RRA, BM, CMMG, Stag, Mega, etc) were all pretty similar except for finish. Of the ones I have worked with the Mega was the tightest putting together.

But, IMO as long as its in spec, forged, and holes are line up I don't think there is much of difference.
My first AR has an Olympic Arms lower (forged) -- Ugly, rough, bad tool marks, and weird finish but 15 years later it still works fine.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
POF, Spike's, Colt (can get one on the ARFcom EE) LMT, and Sun Devil are the ones that stand a bit above the rest.

-I have a Spike's for my Title II SBR....absolutely beautiful finish, but it was a little loose with all the uppers I've tried on it. That might just me a matter of the pin. No obtuse marks and feels very solid.

-Colt...my all-time favorite lower. 12 years old and never a single problem with it or its parts

-LMT...no exp. but I know they are quality lowers

-POF...obviously well-made but no exp with them.

I also have a Bushmaster lower, and though it is a "standard-grade" lower to most of us, it works fine and has been solid.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts