6.8 SPC Forums banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!

Lower receiver question

813 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  jim540
What does it take to get an assembled lower receiver? On the sites I've been to they all say you need an FFL. Is this something you need to go through a dealer for or is there another legal way to obtain one? I'm not trying to build anything illegal, just wondering what the correct procedure is. I have looked through the forums but so far I have not found what I was looking for. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1 - 3 of 5 Posts
Thanks for the information. I was wondering how that would work with a private party because I have seen them for sale at gun shows. I would probably either go through a dealer or try to have one shipped to a dealer from the manufacturer. I wonder if I could find a dealer that would do the transfer? From my experiences with most gun dealers is they want to sell what they have on hand and are not too concerned about special orders. May have to check that out.
Bimjo said:
If you go to Gunbroker.com you can check for FFL holders in your area (via zip code) that will do transfers. Fees vary by gun type and location.
Thank you very much for this link. I did not know there were as many dealers in my area as what this site showed. I was spoiled for many years as I had a close friend that owned a gun shop for many years ( made life very fun and easy ), but he came to a point in his life that he got tired of the business and went and retired. What was he thinking? Didn't he know I still had toys to purchase? :lol: :lol:
1 - 3 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.