6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it take to get an assembled lower receiver? On the sites I've been to they all say you need an FFL. Is this something you need to go through a dealer for or is there another legal way to obtain one? I'm not trying to build anything illegal, just wondering what the correct procedure is. I have looked through the forums but so far I have not found what I was looking for. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
86 Posts
The lower receiver is the registered "firearm" on an AR, and thus subject to all the laws re: transferring a firearm.

You can get a lower through a local dealer, through a manufacturer and have it shipped to a local dealer/FFL holder, or get one through a private/non-dealer sale.

All are legal, depends on how you want to proceed.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. I was wondering how that would work with a private party because I have seen them for sale at gun shows. I would probably either go through a dealer or try to have one shipped to a dealer from the manufacturer. I wonder if I could find a dealer that would do the transfer? From my experiences with most gun dealers is they want to sell what they have on hand and are not too concerned about special orders. May have to check that out.

· Registered
86 Posts
If you go to Gunbroker.com you can check for FFL holders in your area (via zip code) that will do transfers. Fees vary by gun type and location.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bimjo said:
If you go to Gunbroker.com you can check for FFL holders in your area (via zip code) that will do transfers. Fees vary by gun type and location.
Thank you very much for this link. I did not know there were as many dealers in my area as what this site showed. I was spoiled for many years as I had a close friend that owned a gun shop for many years ( made life very fun and easy ), but he came to a point in his life that he got tired of the business and went and retired. What was he thinking? Didn't he know I still had toys to purchase? :lol: :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.