6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to build a lower to go with my recent PSA 556 upper purchase. I have a Daniel Defense trigger I could use, a basic stock, beyond that nothing else. Local gun shop has stripped lowers for $90 (made by a shop here in MI). I would need to get a lower parts kit (minus fire control) and buffer kit. Looking for brand / company suggestions to look for that are in line quality/ price wise with my upper.

One other question that has crossed my mind, this LGS has complete lowers for $220. Would I be better served at this price/quality point grabbing one of those and dropping my DD trigger in?

·
Registered
487 Posts
This is going to be sorta like asking what's the best pickup truck. You should get a lot of suggestions and most of them will be good and doable. I can only speak to what I did. I bought a complete lower from Palmetto
State, at the time it cost me $129 or $149, I can't remember. I put a LaRue trigger in it and then I was ready to rock and roll. I think there is a lot of ways to get where you want to go and a lot of those will just depend on you and your preferences. I'd already built a lower and had scratched that itch, this time I just wanted a good working lower to pair with a good working upper. I can't decide between the Toyota or Ford.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I built a lower on an aeroprecision M4E1 stripped lower early last year. Simplest build ever. Excellent quality. No regrets. Used a matching upper for it. Larue trigger too. Will do that again...well maybe...politics you know.

·
Registered
871 Posts
You'll be right around $150-160 for the parts with shipping. It's easy to build but parts are getting hard to come by. Now a days $220 isn't too bad. I do believe it'll only get worse.

Reactions: jc502

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Leaning toward the complete lower like was mentioned, everything is getting hard to find.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Aero Precision makes the highest quality forged uppers around. I also like to use their M4E1 lower. I use the A5 buffer, Tubbs flat wire buffer spring and POF AR10 Anti-Tilt buffer tube. I prefer the Geissele SSA-E trigger. I use the Radian Weapons Talon-GI 45/90 Safety Selector. I use the Battle Arms Development Enhanced Pivot / Takedown Pin Set. Buy once - cry once. The quality is remembered long after the price in forgot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts