6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Does anyone have a line on xm68gd for $9.99 or close to that price?
i posted this earlier and was practically called a liar,,,but i am a PSA dealer and i called my rep and asked some questions, i learned that "temporarily out of stock" doesn't mean they are out of stock, it just means they currently aren't putting it up for sale. i bought 50 boxes a little more than a month ago for 9.99--so, they have inventory and for whatever reason they just aren't selling it yet. i would advise you watch PSA daily cause sooner or later they will put it back out. they've been so busy since orlando that i can't even contact my rep, but will keep trying

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i posted this earlier and was practically called a liar,,,but i am a PSA dealer and i called my rep and asked some questions, i learned that "temporarily out of stock" doesn't mean they are out of stock, it just means they currently aren't putting it up for sale. i bought 50 boxes a little more than a month ago for 9.99--so, they have inventory and for whatever reason they just aren't selling it yet. i would advise you watch PSA daily cause sooner or later they will put it back out. they've been so busy since orlando that i can't even contact my rep, but will keep trying
Good to know, thank you

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
You can bet everyone here will first put their order in for 10/20 even 50 boxes when it goes for $9.99, only after getting their order in will they post it here.

The entire lot can go in 15 minutes.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
You can bet everyone here will first put their order in for 10/20 even 50 boxes when it goes for $9.99, only after getting their order in will they post it here.

The entire lot can go in 15 minutes.
my account rep didn't give me a count but indicated they had a large amount, her words were, "when we get ammo in it's pallets of it" , they didn't even blink an eye when i said i'll take 50 boxes, i keep trying to contact her but they're so busy right now she doesn't answer, and i don't leave messages. if i ever get a count i'll post it here.

they wanted 11.99 a box, but i reminded them they sold it to me before for 9.99, i got it for 9.99. it was on their site for a very long time for 11.99, black friday they marked it down to 9.99 and sold it at that price for almost 2 months, maybe 3, and still have inventory.

when i can get them on the phone i'll ask about the green box S&B too

·
Registered
281 Posts
That's Palmetto State right?

They just told me they didn't know what I was talking about.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
I don't have a Dealer Account Rep.
so, in a effort to discredit me you elected to call the regular sales line and ask them. i clearly stated that i spoke and ordered from our Dealer Account Rep. i really hope you haven't screwed this up just to attempt to prove a point.

the facts are:

1. our Dealer Rep told me the things i posted here
2. within the last 5 weeks i purchased and received 50 boxes of the ammo
3. whether you believe it or not matters not a whit to me

in the future i will not disclose dealer information

·
Registered
281 Posts
so, in a effort to discredit me you elected to call the regular sales line and ask them. i clearly stated that i spoke and ordered from our Dealer Account Rep. i really hope you haven't screwed this up just to attempt to prove a point.

the facts are:

1. our Dealer Rep told me the things i posted here
2. within the last 5 weeks i purchased and received 50 boxes of the ammo
3. whether you believe it or not matters not a whit to me

in the future i will not disclose dealer information
I don't know what your upset at. I didn't attempt to mess up anything for anyone. I'm just looking for bullets. They didn't know what I was talking about so I don't think I screwed up anything for you.

I don't know you. why would I want to discredit you? Prove what point? But don't worry, I won't act on your quotes again.

You're getting upset at nothing.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i'm certainly not upset. i provided info for people looking for the ammo, PSA has some in stock, whenever they choose to put it up for sale they will. if i had prior notice of that i would have posted it here, now i am uncertain about that. i provided Dealer info which i probably should not have done, and will no longer do. privileged info obviously should not be shared on an open forum and i will no longer do so.

·
Administrator
22,078 Posts
That's Palmetto State right?

They just told me they didn't know what I was talking about.
The hitch, as perceived... is that you didn't clarify more about your inquiry. If you simply asked whether they had any... or said that "a dealer says...", or specified a direct quote by a specific individual. I think he's gathering from your remark that you quoted him directly to the person you talked to, and could open him to scrutiny on their end.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
no, the hitch is why inquire at all? i provided what i was told and what i had done. any other PSA dealers here will confirm that all dealer transactions are done over the phone, their internet ordering system does not give them the ability to provide dealer internet sales. you actually speak to a human, and to my knowledge there are only 3 in that department. dealers sometimes get a slightly better price on the CHF higher end uppers, and modest discounts on other stuff, the real perk is the dealer rep will go pull your order as soon as you've made it and hand deliver it to the shipping department, back when PSA took weeks to ship that was a big plus

·
Registered
281 Posts
The hitch, as perceived... is that you didn't clarify more about your inquiry. If you simply asked whether they had any... or said that "a dealer says...", or specified a direct quote by a specific individual. I think he's gathering from your remark that you quoted him directly to the person you talked to, and could open him to scrutiny on their end.
You're probably right about clarification. I simply called PSA, didn't reference anyone or even this Forum, and just asked if they had any in stock...that's it. They said No and that was the end of it. I was just confused when they didn't even know about the product I was referring to. Thanks for the Moderation Ratdog68.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
wideners had some AE 115 gr in stock. SGA had some green box S&B in stock. don't know if they have any left but might be worth looking

sga is out of the green box S&B 110's

·
Registered
650 Posts
Personally believe with the way internet companies have recognized a small niche group of 6.8 shooters in minor panic, some major panic, if not listed in their site as "in-stock" calling daily is just letting them know how many people are looking and will influence their price when list. Just before New Years 2014 Palmetto ran a weekend special of 7.97 per 20 rounds for the white box 90 grain Gold Dots with XM68GD designation. Ran it again back during winter of 2016 for a weekend and added another 20 boxes.

Had been watching for months as they sat at higher price with them always showing in stock. Didn't like paying that much but had so little factory ammo decided to drop the hammer. Entered 50 boxes into the quantity box and it didn't give an error. Did a little more shopping, realized had well over $1,000 order run up so dropped to 35 boxes into final cart quantity. Seen them drop to that price two other times as check Palmetto site daily for their deals. Have seen prices on some items change three times same day.

Have been a businessman for a long time. If people call a lot about a particular item I know it's time to adjust the price. We would all likely be better served not calling about ammo that is not in stock. Have been walking by a lot of 6.8 ammo, especially S&B locally at fair price of $9.99. Know I can get a price adjustment from my local gun shops if offer to buy entire inventory to help, cover my sales tax. Guess I need to just pick it up when the two LGS's with the stuff even at the ridiculous price of 50 cents per round considering what seeing online.

Like Sandy Hook and other tragedies that drive up all prices it seems to me we are driving up 6.8 prices by appearing in panic mode. Last night when loaded up three different powder charges behind a bunch of 85 grain Barnes M/LE counted three unopened thousand count boxes of new primed cases and pretty sure have a few boxes at work. Hit a deal couple years ago and punched the button till got "out of stock" on all cases and 90 grain Gold Dot pull downs at prices cheaper than 5.56 pull down brass and M855 projectiles. We are our own worst enemies when come to setting price, don't pay double when see it crop up, let it sit. If don't play into their hands will leave the hoarders having to scramble to recoup investment before take a loss.

LGS has 22 rim fire 29.99 and match ammo is almost same as pre panic price. Green Tip hitting suck low prices again purchased 1,200 rounds today. Buy what's cheap, stack it deep and let the rest sit instead of driving prices up just because people who didn't buy when cheap waited. Can buy Hornady 110 grain 6.8 at LGS for much less than online prices now. We are setting the bar and panic is holding prices up. Slow your roll, 6.8 is not a popular "military" round. Price will drop if we let it gather some dust on the sellers shelves. Bottom line is plenty of manufacturers have 6.8 lines set up and running. Price is determined by the end user. Slow your buying and prices will drop as it costs money to store. Watching people pay almost as much or more for cases as loaded ammo is odd.

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Personally believe with the way internet companies have recognized a small niche group of 6.8 shooters in minor panic, some major panic, if not listed in their site as "in-stock" calling daily is just letting them know how many people are looking and will influence their price when list. Just before New Years 2014 Palmetto ran a weekend special of 7.97 per 20 rounds for the white box 90 grain Gold Dots with XM68GD designation. Ran it again back during winter of 2016 for a weekend and added another 20 boxes.

Had been watching for months as they sat at higher price with them always showing in stock. Didn't like paying that much but had so little factory ammo decided to drop the hammer. Entered 50 boxes into the quantity box and it didn't give an error. Did a little more shopping, realized had well over $1,000 order run up so dropped to 35 boxes into final cart quantity. Seen them drop to that price two other times as check Palmetto site daily for their deals. Have seen prices on some items change three times same day.

Have been a businessman for a long time. If people call a lot about a particular item I know it's time to adjust the price. We would all likely be better served not calling about ammo that is not in stock. Have been walking by a lot of 6.8 ammo, especially S&B locally at fair price of $9.99. Know I can get a price adjustment from my local gun shops if offer to buy entire inventory to help, cover my sales tax. Guess I need to just pick it up when the two LGS's with the stuff even at the ridiculous price of 50 cents per round considering what seeing online.

Like Sandy Hook and other tragedies that drive up all prices it seems to me we are driving up 6.8 prices by appearing in panic mode. Last night when loaded up three different powder charges behind a bunch of 85 grain Barnes M/LE counted three unopened thousand count boxes of new primed cases and pretty sure have a few boxes at work. Hit a deal couple years ago and punched the button till got "out of stock" on all cases and 90 grain Gold Dot pull downs at prices cheaper than 5.56 pull down brass and M855 projectiles. We are our own worst enemies when come to setting price, don't pay double when see it crop up, let it sit. If don't play into their hands will leave the hoarders having to scramble to recoup investment before take a loss.

LGS has 22 rim fire 29.99 and match ammo is almost same as pre panic price. Green Tip hitting suck low prices again purchased 1,200 rounds today. Buy what's cheap, stack it deep and let the rest sit instead of driving prices up just because people who didn't buy when cheap waited. Can buy Hornady 110 grain 6.8 at LGS for much less than online prices now. We are setting the bar and panic is holding prices up. Slow your roll, 6.8 is not a popular "military" round. Price will drop if we let it gather some dust on the sellers shelves. Bottom line is plenty of manufacturers have 6.8 lines set up and running. Price is determined by the end user. Slow your buying and prices will drop as it costs money to store. Watching people pay almost as much or more for cases as loaded ammo is odd.
You would think that other people would be seeing these low prices also and passing the info along to others that were within driving distance. It is over an hour drive to the nearest sporting goods store for me and then another hour to the next town with a sporting goods store and while I have seen .22 LR at better prices than online nothing else has come close. Where I lived last year prices were even higher and that was about an hour out of Seattle. I have traveled over a good part of the Mid-West and the western states with the exception of CA and OR and not seen decent prices on any ammo, this includes several gun shows.

I agree with you that the online vendors are increasing prices on most ammo due to demand but the LGSs that I have seen are not any better.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts