6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a source for FDE A2 stocks? Magpul has it in the MOE but that's an inch shorter

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
I think what you are after is called Krylon Fusion. :a32:

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used the UTG A2 on a build for a friend. They are quality stocks at a good price.
i've used several of them, they're reasonably priced and gtg, everywhere i looked had the black ones and i didn't even know they made on in FDE

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
i've used several of them, they're reasonably priced and gtg, everywhere i looked had the black ones and i didn't even know they made on in FDE
I have always painted my A2 stocks. You buy them and they are an odd shade of green instead of black. I have some stuff in a spray can that is called adhesion promoter from Dupli-Color. It is what they use on plastic bumpers etc. I spray it with that, let it dry then just use a spray can of what ever color you want and it works great. Tough as nails.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I have always painted my A2 stocks. You buy them and they are an odd shade of green instead of black. I have some stuff in a spray can that is called adhesion promoter from Dupli-Color. It is what they use on plastic bumpers etc. I spray it with that, let it dry then just use a spray can of what ever color you want and it works great. Tough as nails.
I've used the Dupli Color on plastic motorcycle fenders, and it works great. Never thought about using it on an AR though, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I used a Cav Arms shell and pieced mine together.
Why just the shell?

Thanks for the head's up on UTG, I always thought their stuff was on the low end of the food chain. Maybe not as low as airsoft grade, but I didn't know they were pretty decent.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I use the A2 from AR15SPORT.COM, stock with bolt, tube, spring, buffer and heavy plastic trap door butt plate, around $80

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
anyone have a source for FDE A2 stocks? Magpul has it in the MOE but that's an inch shorter
You might want to double check that, I've been looking for an A1 length and skipped the Magpul Moe Rifle stock because it's too long:

https://www.magpul.com/products/moe-rifle-stock

SPECIFICATIONS*
MOE Rifle Stock

• Weight, Stock: 14.0 oz.
  • Weight, w/rifle receiver extension: 17.6 oz.
  • Length: 10.4"
  • LOP: ~13.5"
That's the same as my A2 stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts