6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building my first 6.8 upper and I'm looking for a quality 5 or 10 round magazine. Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
PRI 10 round
I vote for any PRI magazine, regardless of capacity. They are better than any others I have tried. Too bad they seem to be out of stock most places.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
PRI, for sure.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I use the ASC and C Products and have not had any problems.
Actually, I've experienced feeding issues with 3 different C Products magazines. I'm not saying they make junk, I just haven't purchased anything from them that works. I've even had a baseplate fall off during the first use.

·
Super Moderator
12,228 Posts
I have never had any feeding problems with ASC or the PSA mags made by LaBelle Industries. I never understand why so many people have mag problems. I don't recall ever having one in 40 years of shooting the M16/AR15.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have never had any feeding problems with ASC or the PSA mags made by LaBelle Industries. I never understand why so many people have mag problems. I don't recall ever having one in 40 years of shooting the M16/AR15.
ASC has never given me a problem. I think the issues stem from spring issues and misaligned floorplates

·
Banned
1,955 Posts
I'm building my first 6.8 upper and I'm looking for a quality 5 or 10 round magazine. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Cheap ASC's work fine except the rounds rattle a bit in them after loading the first. That can be troubling in a stand or still hunting.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Mags

I prefer the ASC to be honest. i have a PRI and they're good but to me they're not 40 dollar good. Like Woodstock i've seen hundreds and hundreds of rounds ran through the same mags without problems. we put about 400 G.I's a year through our course where each fired about 1100 rounds in two weeks. Each student was issued 3 mags and those same mags were used over and over with each class with very little issues.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have not had good luck with PRI mags, so I don't think they are worth the money. ASC 100% for me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have not had good luck with PRI mags, so I don't think they are worth the money. ASC 100% for me.
That's a surprise, but even so, it looks like ASC is really the way to go.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ASC vs PRI

My issues with the ASC was the lack of a cutout on front which caused the mouth of the case to catch on the front of the mag during feeding:

Pen Ammunition Office supplies Gun accessory Metal

ASC on the left, PRI on the right:

Product

Used the PRI as a template, and notched the front of the ASCs. Also tweaked the lips a bit, and now they feed/function as well as the PRI.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have several of both ASC and CPD mags and both have been reliable . The CPD's have the infamous rattle and I only use them as range mags with the fronts cut out for long COAL workups. I only buy ASC now, can't beat the price or reliability.

RT

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am thinking of purchasing from yankee hill machine they are local for me and the price seems right. 21 bucks??
The YHM is a re-packaged ASC magazine. I have one. It has ASC floorplate and is identical to my other true ASC mags. I got my ASC mags for $13.00 each online. Check the vendors here and I think you will find them really cheap. JG Sales has them cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts