6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys Im looking to buy a AR-30 .338 lupua. I unfortunately made a late decision in trying buy one at our local gun store. I went to put one on order and come to find out Armalite is no longer taking any orders and it could be till 2010 or 2011 before I can get one directly from them.

Im just curious if anyone has seen one in there local gun stores. Please if you can let me know if you see one as I do not want to wait several years for one and pay a very large inflated price. Just send me a PM if you do...

·
Registered
59 Posts
None of my local stores has one but I am going to the gun show on sunday. If anyone has one there I will get there contact info for you.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Armalite has disappointed many with the AR30. They keep advertising it, but can't deliver them. This isn't news at all that you can't get one. There was an article about Armalite expanding manufacturing capacity to bring these to market in greater numbers. Yeah right, look what they just told you. How about a Barrett 98B?

http://www.98bravo.com/

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ArtFWTx said:
Armalite has disappointed many with the AR30. They keep advertising it, but can't deliver them. This isn't news at all that you can't get one. There was an article about Armalite expanding manufacturing capacity to bring these to market in greater numbers. Yeah right, look what they just told you. How about a Barrett 98B?

http://www.98bravo.com/
That would be a very nice gun to get but Barrett its going to charge $4495, which is why I was going for the armalite cause its a third of the price.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
The 338 has lots of performance available to say the least. Ammo is pricey so reloading would be almost required.

I looked for an AR30 about a year ago in 300WM. They didn't exist or couldn't be found. I ended up buying another hunting rifle.

I understand Armalite is selling all they can build in AR's and AR10's. It would be nice if the AR30's could be squeezed into production in greater numbers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
TLHelmer said:
Wow! You have good taste! I was hearing a lot of good stuff about the .338 when I was getting out of sniping.
When I was working with a supplier involved in military procurement and testing of sniper systems, all they were currently testing were .338s... It definitely is the wave of the future for the military.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ArtFWTx said:
The 338 has lots of performance available to say the least. Ammo is pricey so reloading would be almost required.

I looked for an AR30 about a year ago in 300WM. They didn't exist or couldn't be found. I ended up buying another hunting rifle.

I understand Armalite is selling all they can build in AR's and AR10's. It would be nice if the AR30's could be squeezed into production in greater numbers.
Hey Art if your still looking for an AR-30 in 300wm there is one at local shop here on phoenix.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
sharpshooter08 said:
ArtFWTx said:

Hey Art if your still looking for an AR-30 in 300wm there is one at local shop here on phoenix.
Don't do this to me :? :? , I would love one. :D :D Then again, I'm in the middle of Christmas, two AR projects, and a bolt gun that needs a scope.

Who is the dealer and do you have their number? If not just the name for now and I'll google for the number. Unless I sold something, I'd probably need a month or two before buying one. That is a find and what I was wanting. If they receive them regularly, I'll stay in touch with them and have them send one to my FFL locally when I'm ready.

Last spring, I would have jumped on this. Man, I should have asked you guys if you'd seen one before I purchased the other gun.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Thanks. I'm going to call them today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is the .338 Federal even in the same class? I looked at the ballistics and the Lupua had incredible stats and the .338 Federal was very similar to the 7.62 in performance. I mention it because I get the impression the .338 Federal is a poor cousin to the .338 Lupua and not an alternative, if you cannot find a reasonably priced .338 Lupua rifle. Im I wrong?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just saw one here yesterday sitting on the dispaly counter. Give them a call. I think they wanted around $1900 for it maybe less

Dave
Knob Creek Gun Range
690 Ritchey Lane
West Point, KY 40177
1 mile off Dixie Highway on Highway 44
Phone: 502-922-4457

1 - 14 of 14 Posts