6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get a vise block for an lr308 upper? I have an aero m5e1 upper that I wanted to swap the barrel on but can't find a good upper vise block

Sent from my XT1585

·
Registered
110 Posts
I picked up both the 15 and the AR10 platform Geissele reaction rods. Pretty spendy, but one of the best investments I've made...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I decided not to get the reaction rods because I heard people have had their barrel extensions twist off

Sent from my XT1585

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the plastix revolution. Works A-OK.

Heinous typos thanks to autocorrect.
I just ordered the 308 upper and lower vise set. I got the vise that has the pond instead of the plastic pieces. I hope it works well

Sent from my XT1585

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i use the DPMS claw, they have the ar15 version and the dpms pattern for 308. no complaints from me

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I decided not to get the reaction rods because I heard people have had their barrel extensions twist off

Sent from my XT1585
Isn't the barrel extension torqued to 150 ft lbs? Hard to believe you could twist it off if torque to the correct specs. I purchased the Super Reaction Rod. It's different from the regular Reaction Rod since it locks into place via the ejection port. Primary Arms had them on sale for $138 over the 4th of July holiday. You'll tear up the upper before you damage the barrel extension or shear the pin. But I've get barrel vice for those hard to remove barrels where someone installed with Red Loctite. Got the Plastic Revelotion receiver block too. But I'm liking the Reaction Rod the best.

http://www.primaryarms.com/15-193/p/15-193/

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking at the reaction rods when they had them on sale at primary arms so next time they go on sale I'll pick one up. I want sure of the torque specs of the barrel extension but that does make sense and the reaction rods seems simple and quick. Do they make the super reaction rods for 308 uppers or just ARs?

Sent from my XT1585

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Do they make the super reaction rods for 308 uppers or just ARs?

Sent from my XT1585
I don't think they have a Super for the .308, just regular Reaction Rod. I like how the Super RR locks up compared to the regular model. But I'll have to use my barrel vice if I ever need to work on my .308.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
i use the DPMS claw, they have the ar15 version and the dpms pattern for 308. no complaints from me
Same pair I use, I got the 308 Panther Claw from Brownells, the holes for the Takedown pin didn't match my AP M5 upper. Still did the job tho.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Same pair I use, I got the 308 Panther Claw from Brownells, the holes for the Takedown pin didn't match my AP M5 upper. Still did the job tho.
they work fine with the M5E upper, just used them a couple of weeks back, the ar15 claw didn't want to work with the M4 tho, i could get the rear pin but not the front, i used a smaller diameter dowel and all well was well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts