6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to poke some fun at people who want to take extended handguards to the limit. Personally, I like AR handguards that end somewhere near the gas block, leaving a suitable amount of exposed barrel for aesthetics and for clamping in my wooden vise blocks.

Here's a pic (from Arfcom) of a pistol with a handguard that extended all the way to the muzzle, sort of a "Mannlicher" style full stock AR. Unfortunately, the builder paired the HG with an aggressive brake and started blasting away. - CW

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts
The Barfcom integral bi-pod mod for mall ninjas.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i was thinking back scratcher, but you'd need a light touch

shortest i have is a 12" guard on a 12.5 barrel, with the JAL barrel extends about 2" outside the guard. i too like 3-5" of exposed barrel

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its time to poke some fun at people who want to take extended handguards to the limit. Personally, I like AR handguards that end somewhere near the gas block, leaving a suitable amount of exposed barrel for aesthetics and for clamping in my wooden vise blocks.

Here's a pic (from Arfcom) of a pistol with a handguard that extended all the way to the muzzle, sort of a "Mannlicher" style full stock AR. Unfortunately, the builder paired the HG with an aggressive brake and started blasting away. - CW

"Stupid is as stupid does."

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is another damaged HG on the ground. They may have done it twice, one after another. I'm thinking they might have done it on purpose.

Those brakes, though. Sharp so that they snag on everything. And ugly to me, though tastes do vary.

·
Registered
435 Posts
There is another damaged HG on the ground. They may have done it twice, one after another. I'm thinking they might have done it on purpose.

Those brakes, though. Sharp so that they snag on everything. And ugly to me, though tastes do vary.
The key-mod on the bottom of the handguard looks like it was scored with a file. Although you get a lot of side blast from some of the mall ninja brakes, I'm not so sure that it would be enough to split an aluminum handguard without help.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The key-mod on the bottom of the handguard looks like it was scored with a file. Although you get a lot of side blast from some of the mall ninja brakes, I'm not so sure that it would be enough to split an aluminum handguard without help.
Now that you mentioned that it does look like it was cut with a dremel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts