6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stumbled onto some 100 grain Accubonds since I can't find any Silver State loads anywhere. I have once fired Hornady brass, CCi #41's, and H322 is my preferred powder.
HOW MUCH can I get away with for max loads- I am using an AR Performance 16" bbl, how much velocity do you guys get with that bullet and barrel length?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I just stumbled onto some 100 grain Accubonds since I can't find any Silver State loads anywhere. I have once fired Hornady brass, CCi #41's, and H322 is my preferred powder.
HOW MUCH can I get away with for max loads- I am using an AR Performance 16" bbl, how much velocity do you guys get with that bullet and barrel length?
Thanks!
You could start at what Hodgdon or Nosler has for data. Or use their info and start 10% below and work your way up.

Hodgdon show starting charge at 27gr with a max of 30gr ( 100gr Barnes X was the bullet they are showing).

Nosler shows starting at 27.5 and max of 29.5 ( 100gr AB)

If you use someone else's data from here, just remember just because it works in theirs, doesn't mean its going to work in yours ( no offense to anyone here)

****And yes I know that info is for the SPC and not SPCII

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks!
The Internet is a marvelous thing if you want information, although your comment about "how much can I get away with" suggests you should back away from the reloading press before you get hurt.

http://www.nosler.com/nosler-load-data/68-remington-spc/

·
Registered
620 Posts
http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?26985-100gr-Nosler-Accubond-info

Check out the bullet review thread. When working up a load I will reference published data then compare that to what I see here. Then I will work up a ladder of one round each to where I think max will be. A chronograph really helps. Each barrel is a little different. At 29.7 gr I was getting ~2650 fps. At 30.0 the velocity was the same so I just stopped there.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Thanks!
I'm loading in the upper range with the same combo as you with 30gr H322 with bullets seated to 2.29. No real pressure signs, very mild swipes sometimes and semi flat primers. DO NOT LOAD HOTTER THAN THIS! And work up to this in your rifle!!! I'll check the velocity but it should be around 2650fps.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thanks!
Powder Valley has the SSA ammo you seek. just click ammo/rifle ammo/SSA and it's listed for 22.69 for a box of 20.
http://powdervalleyinc.com/

·
Registered
86 Posts
The accubonds 100 and 110 did not shoot in my rifles the way I wanted. As for the 100 I used A2200 and H322. H322 went from 27.5 to 30.5. The best loads were with 30 grains at 2.29 with Fed. case and and CCI 450 primers. Accuracy was around 1.25 to 1.5 at 100 yards. Around to 3 to 3.5 inches at 200 yds with 5 shot groups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts