6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to locate a left hand upper for a while and have had little to no luck. Does anyone know of any other manufacturers other than stag arms for the lefty? (RRA is all custom so they won't work)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm lefty and have no issues with righty ars as long as they have a shell deflector (unsuppressed). When i suppressed mine i did have to make my own gas busting charging handles and install adjustable gas blocks to limit the amount of gas to the face. Once doing those things, however, all was well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
CMT makes a nice lefty billet upper. My first build was on a Stag lefty upper. All subsequent ones have been standard uppers. As long as I have an ambi safety I'm comfortable with a regular AR. I do have a Norgon ambi mag release on that first build but haven't spent the cash for one on any of my other ones. Mega makes a nice ambi lower.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have been trying to locate a left hand upper for a while and have had little to no luck. Does anyone know of any other manufacturers other than stag arms for the lefty? (RRA is all custom so they won't work)
Your issue with Stag? I built one for the Wife, it runs 100%. The dust cover pops up instead of down but that's not a problem. Everything else is just a mirror image. It works.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am very happy with my Stag lefty upper; if I make another one I will probably go with Stag again. Build it with whatever parts you want and start running rounds through it. I am a novice builder so I guess I don't understand what a different manufacturer might do better except maybe forge vs. billet. I just tried to put good parts inside make it run right. I have no plans to sell and I expect it to run right for years to come.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its not an issue with stag, I have a hunter 7L. Its abIlity thats a problem. They are all out when I have the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts