6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried LaRue's 2 stage triggers? Their "don't need it now" price is tempting. And I've been wanting to try out a 2 stage trigger. Who knows, maybe they'll send me some Dillo Dust with my order.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
never heard of them.

yes, they are excellent triggers and i am slowly swapping out all of my current triggers for the, (including my 12 SSA-E triggers)

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never heard of them.

yes, they are excellent triggers and i am slowly swapping out all of my current triggers for the, (including my 12 SSA-E triggers)
I like the endorsement. But does it come will Dillo Dust?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
yes, they come with the dillo dust. i have about 20 bottles in the cabinet right now.

they have the triggers "on sale" for an "i can wait price" of $125 each and the window or wait time is now down to around 2 weeks from order to ship. mark has launched a shot in the great trigger war with Geiselle and is kicking their butt right now. the Larue MBT trigger in my opinion is = to or better than the SSA-E at half the price.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I have both, a MBT-2 and a SD-E in my 308 projects. While I like MBT-2, the Geissele SD-E's "take-up" feels a lot smoother. YMMV

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
It has a different feel, but I would put it on par with an SSA-E. At $125 it's a good deal.

Heinous typos thanks to autocorrect.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've heard a lot of good so far about the MBT-2 so far and at the I can wait price, I'm very tempted to try one out. But am curious about the comparison to the SSA-E.
Are y'alls comparisons referencing the feel of the trigger break, pull weight, both? The MBT-2 is listed at 2.5lbs first stage and 2.0lbs second stage, total of 4.5lbs trigger pull. This happens to be identical the SSA. The SSA-E is one pound lighter than both overall, coming in at 2.3 lbs first stage and 1.2lbs second stage. I love my SSA and have been planning to get more, but I may have to try one of these out as well. Personally, I don't want anything lighter than 4.5lbs other than for SPR/DMR or hunting purposes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I didn't need that 125$ anyways. I'd been wanting to upgrade from the RR 2 stage but couldn't justify the cost.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have 2 Geissele SSA, 1 SSA-E, and 2 LaRue MBT triggers.

For the $125 "I got plenty of time" price of the MBT, I think it can't be beat.

To me the MBT feels very similar to the SSA. The trigger travel distance, take up weight, and release weight of the MBT feel very similar to the SSA (not quite as light as the SSA-E), but with a very slightly less crisp break. I actually prefer the SSA to the SSA-E (SSA-E feels a little too light for me for general use - I'm not using them in precision rifles).

I just completed a class with an MBT equipped rifle where we fired about 800 rounds of ammo. It felt/worked the same at the end of the class. Not exactly a torture test, but that's the most I've fired an MBT.

The usual price of the Geissele SSA currently is about $220, with sale prices down to about $180. To me, the Geissele SSA is not worth $55-$95 more than the MBT.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 2 Geissele SSA, 1 SSA-E, and 2 LaRue MBT triggers.

For the $125 "I got plenty of time" price of the MBT, I think it can't be beat.

To me the MBT feels very similar to the SSA. The trigger travel distance, take up weight, and release weight of the MBT feel very similar to the SSA (not quite as light as the SSA-E), but with a very slightly less crisp break. I actually prefer the SSA to the SSA-E (SSA-E feels a little too light for me for general use - I'm not using them in precision rifles).

I just completed a class with an MBT equipped rifle where we fired about 800 rounds of ammo. It felt/worked the same at the end of the class. Not exactly a torture test, but that's the most I've fired an MBT.

The usual price of the Geissele SSA currently is about $220, with sale prices down to about $180. To me, the Geissele SSA is not worth $55-$95 more than the MBT.
I may have to order one. Hard to beat of on price.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Maybe it's me, the take up on my MBT is inconsistent in comparison to the SD-E. The MBT-2 on occasion acts like a single stage (a very crisp one), whereas the SD-E always behaves like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Maybe it's me, the take up on my MBT is inconsistent in comparison to the SD-E. The MBT-2 on occasion acts like a single stage (a very crisp one), whereas the SD-E always behaves like it should.

I do NOT find this to be the case. I've got five of the MBT-2S triggers and they are stellar and consistently so. About a week ago I ordered another one on the "$125 I can wait" price and received it a couple days ago. The longest I've waited was a couple months. These triggers are totally worth it.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I do NOT find this to be the case. I've got five of the MBT-2S triggers and they are stellar and consistently so. About a week ago I ordered another one on the "$125 I can wait" price and received it a couple days ago. The longest I've waited was a couple months. These triggers are totally worth it.
I really like my MBT-2S.. mine just doesn't behave as consistently as the SD-E in my other 308 as far as first stage take up. As far as being worth it, most definitely.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Happy to have solved the issue. There was a little bit of "polymer fuzz" on the edge of the trigger cut-out interacting with the bow. Cleaned it up and all is good. MBT-2S triggers are definitely worth the price.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Due to a childish internet feud on ARFCOM, Mark has lowered the "I can wait" price to $99. Did it a couple hours ago and said it'll last until he cries uncle.

Link to trigger: MBT

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Due to a childish internet fued on ARFCOM, Mark has lowered the "I can wait" price to $99. Did it a couple hours ago and said it'll last until he cries uncle.

Link to trigger: MBT
i was watching this feud myself and rolling in the floor. the bad part is that is wasn't Geiselle who started it, it was a person from Rainier Arms who did the initial comments.

atleast mark is willing to put his money where his mouth is and offer deep discounts to get the product out the door. i'm planning on buying about 5 more of them. lol

·
Banned
173 Posts
I don't understand how he can sell these for $99? But it sounds like a great trigger. And his barrels are only $225. Probably the best deal going. If you go by the accuracy results I was reading about online. For whatever that's worth. I do know the scope mounts he puts out, there is nothing finer that I've used. Hopefully this sale goes for a while yet.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts