6.8 SPC Forums banner

labeling your rifle with 6.8 markings

7K views 48 replies 39 participants last post by  Gotfour 
#1 ·
my rifle has no markings to identify it as a 6.8. How do u mark yours?

#2 ·
its on the barrel from the manufacture

#5 ·
I have a friend who is an art instructor and has a successful studio, I will have her do some small lettering/graphics on the handguards. Only reason I am doing this is because I have a clone upper to my 6.8. I also made some copper MOLLE clips with caliber for the cases.

-Alexander

#7 ·
Engraved dust cover, I also use Olive drab furniture for my 5.56.

#8 ·
Engraved dust cover or handguard doesn't work for SBR. I lost my barrel markings when I cut mine down from 16" to ~12". So, I went high tech and got out the Dremel:

I also have a color-code system...and my 6.8 is ODG. Furniture, sights and even barrel. Also stenciled my mags:

#33 · (Edited)
This, along with factory markings on the barrel.

Having several dozen ARs, it can get pretty confusing. Almost all my ARs have dust covers, and my 6.8 and 7.62x39 bolts have markings (doesn't work with some variants, as they use 5.56 bolts). But loading the wrong ammo in a 6.8 isn't as bad as some other variants, like 300BO.

#24 ·
If I had that much 5.56 ammo, I would keep one on hand too but I am just the opposite. I have 5 or 6 5.56 rifles at any given time and nearly no ammo. I keep a little bit around for function testing a new build before it is put on the market but that is about it. I keep thinking about picking up a few thousand rounds just in case something happens so I could make use of all the weapons at my disposal.

#25 ·
Finalized my second upper today and now really need to get them labeled! Mags are no issue, Pmags for the .20 and metal mags for the 6.8, but otherwise it difficult to tell at a glance. My .20P has a rail on top of the hand guard and a slimmer barrel profile, but that's pretty much it.

-Alexander

#32 ·
If you are desperate, YHM makes an upper marked 6.8 SPC.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.