6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If it's really important to you one of the easiest ways is to buy an engraved dust cover or just send it to IDENT Markings and have them do it and you can add any other personal twist to it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have a friend who is an art instructor and has a successful studio, I will have her do some small lettering/graphics on the handguards. Only reason I am doing this is because I have a clone upper to my 6.8. I also made some copper MOLLE clips with caliber for the cases.

-Alexander

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I suppose you could write in White-Out on the side of the receiver :a43:

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
Engraved dust cover, I also use Olive drab furniture for my 5.56.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Engraved dust cover or handguard doesn't work for SBR. I lost my barrel markings when I cut mine down from 16" to ~12". So, I went high tech and got out the Dremel:

I also have a color-code system...and my 6.8 is ODG. Furniture, sights and even barrel. Also stenciled my mags:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just used green paint marker and wrote 6.8 on the magazine and the ARP barrel is already marked.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I use the Wilson Combat caliber marked dust covers (6.8SPC, 5.56NATO, .204Ruger) but honestly like my kids I can tell them apart by their looks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
All mine are clones My bolt is stamped 6.8, The 277 WLV dust cover is marked 223 is not marked. SBR, well I guess when that is done I should be able to tell what it. is.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Why not just tape an index card to the stock. That way you can also put the different loads and their trajectories.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
If plinking ammo keeps coming down its all I'll own soon so won't have to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
If plinking ammo keeps coming down its all I'll own soon so won't have to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm already there. Between cheap ammo and reloading I have no real use for a 5.56x45. The 6.8 will do what ever I need it to.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts