6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of my favorite lowers, dating back to the first uppers sold by Harrison, have been the two I bought from Cavalry Arms. They have proven as robust as their reputations would claim and they weight about 1.5 lbs lighter than a conventional lower. CA got crosswise with the ATF and that seldom works out. A company in Oklahoma obtained the rights to the design and sold some that were identical. Brownell recently took the effort up and I see there is a lawsuit going on whether the new company has the right to produce them. I have no idea as to what will ultimately prevail but Brownell is selling a modernized lower with a flared magwell, additional sling mounting point, and is otherwise similar to the original design other than being a bit more "polished". There are videos out there showing trucks being driven over them to demonstrate their robustness. I don't plan to try it but nothing has cropped up in the years since I bought my first two.

KE Arms is selling them thru Brownell in a variety of options. I bought mine with the KE DMR trigger which is rated at 4 lbs and that seems to be what mine comes in at. The trigger is adjustable for reset and this apparently can affect the pull as well.

Obviously, the stock is not adjustable and may be too short for some with long arms...Works fine for me and is nice for shooting out of a vehicle window. It comes with a standard carbine buffer/spring.

I like it but I am not surprised as I really like my two CA lowers and often wish I had accumulated
a number of them.

I just shot a mag full of CB 105's and it ran like the proverbial top.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put together a cav arms lower mated to a Alexander arms 17hmr upper for my dad. It is a sweet set up. Light weight, perfect for the 17.

·
Registered
245 Posts
For what it's worth, the current KE Arms polymer lowers are direct descendants of the Cav Arms ones. Below are a couple of videos about polymer lowers. The first is a Forgotten Weapons episode about the history of polymer lowers (largely about Cav Arms), and the second is from InRangeTV with a representative of KE Arms discussing the design and manufacture of the new KE15 used by Brownells.

edited: I originally got the history wrong (forgot about GWAKS Armory).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts