6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not own a 6.8 yet, but I am interested.

Last year I got caught in in one of those internet research trails concerning 5.56mm ARs. One thing led to another and I found the discussion on the 6.8. As being long interested in ballistics and performance and very skeptical of that cartridge as having been very well selected, I was very interested in the SCAR-L and its ability to switch barrels.

Somewhere in there, I was talking about it with my brother who brought over his S&W MP15.

Upshot was I also found the Robar XCR (and please hold the comments on the politics, I was just interested in the gun). I liked the multi caliber capability all reports were pretty positive, it was affordable and I bought one. I got it in the 5.56 as that was the least expensive ammo and common to my brothers gun.

I continue to follow the 6.8 with interest and will bet that barrel for the XCR at some point. In the meantime, its good to find a group that is devoted to it and I will read and learn

The 6.8 seems to be the ideal caliber for any future Marine, Army AR (ballancing all the factors involved in that selection process)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Don't worry about someone "jumping you" for your selection. That doesn't happen here outside of some well intended ribbing once the group gets to know you. The XCR has a growing following on this site so another XCR owner will fit in nicely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts