6.8 SPC Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
It appears to be lighter than I expected. Other than needing a higher capacity mag and a red dot, it seems to fit the need that this thread started out on.

$18 for 50 rds and I am in! LOL

·
Registered
318 Posts
It appears to be lighter than I expected. Other than needing a higher capacity mag and a red dot, it seems to fit the need that this thread started out on.

$18 for 50 rds and I am in! LOL
That’s why i asked about the ar upper. Then you get the 50rd capacity. I haven’t seen any reviews on it but I’ll start looking at them. I watch YouTube gun reviews with my boy when I put him to bed.

·
Premium Member
18,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Now that braces are iffy all manufacturers may take a second look and turn their pistols with braces into carbines we may see other things come out.
The Keltec P50 carbine with the 50rnd FN mags
Diamondbacks DBX carbine although I don't like the way they did the mag well and mags.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I think you are probably right. There is a big market out there for those that are intimidated by weight and recoil-not to mention potential home defense as well as plain old fun. I think the ammunition price is coming down some as volume of supply is increasing. Fun/plinking ammo can be pretty simple and it should suffice for 90 % of the demand. A good lightweight carbine is the target. I would like to see a quick disconnect stock for transporting or back packing. Quality magazines.

Kel Tec is on the cutting edge things but needs to develop greater consistency in product quality. They sell the heck out of some of their stuff, tho. Palmetto has seemingly stepped up quality and service. They have their sights on the horizon, imo. Strictly middle class rather than the elite.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
I finally got the LC Carbine in today. Just a few preliminary thoughts. The stock is kind of cheap for lack of a better word. I replaced mine with a folding stock from Midwest. It added about .4oz. Weight out of the box was 5lb 14.3oz, with new stock, 5lb 14.7oz. It is a pretty slick little carbine. I mounted a cheap Axeon 1-6X24 scope on Leupold Mark AR mount and put the weight up to 7lb 5oz so it is not a light weight unit but it does balance well and is very compact with stock folded. I like it much better with the new stock but the stock is available with a rifle butt pad or carbine with the carbine being much shorter and it is not confortable to me so I have the rifle pad on order. I will try to shoot it later today when the temp drops below 90. Here are a few preliminary pictures:
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
I got mine on gunbroker from Teton Firearms in Montana for $766 total with shipping. Dealer cost on them is $648 but not yet available/allocated.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts