6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple of them to try. Wow they are expensive but they cycle amazingly smooth. No more sprung sound. When you install them you can feel the difference. Wish they were cheaper I only bought 3 all the wallet could stand. One was H2 for my LWRC Razorback another standard for another 6.8 and one in 7.62 for the REPER. Great product.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I have one in the Nexgen and it is nice vs. a standard spring/buffer. Brownells had a killer sale on them around black friday or Christmas, think I paid $80. I will be looking again this year so I can put them in all the ARs.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are 4 versions for the AR15, Gen1 and Gen2, standard and heavy buffer weights. The standard steel buffer units are what I have in both Gen1 and Gen2, the weights are not interchangeable between the two Generations, but the springs are. The Gen2 also has the main shaft changed from steel to aluminum. The resulting weight loss is 1.9ounces in static weight while the buffering weights are basically unchanged(changed to more closely approximate standard, H1, H2, H3 weights.

First generation

Second generation

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dang I hate I did see them on sale since that is about half price. I am happy with them. Wish I could do all my AR not going to happen any time soon. Mine are Gen2

·
Registered
900 Posts
For the ones that have this assy, is it noticearly quieter when chambering? I mean the sound made when the spring is compressed. Also is the standard one sufficient? Thinking the heavy one might not be necessary

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the ones that have this assy, is it noticearly quieter when chambering? I mean the sound made when the spring is compressed. Also is the standard one sufficient? Thinking the heavy one might not be necessary
My LWRC Razorback has an H2 buffer was scared to change.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It is noticeably quieter during operation, you can still barely hear the spring when manually cycling, no cheese grater. The SCS steel weight version(standard) is the same as a conventional carbine buffer, swap 1 Tungsten weight for a steel and you have a H1, swap 2 weights and it is a H2, 3 weights for a H3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts