6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm gathering parts for a lower 3 gun build and one of the big dilemmas is what if any are the real world differences between the silent capture spring and Jp's rifle buffer spring. I am going to use an Ace skeleton stock. If I was going to use any other stock I would probably just go with Tubbs, or Jp spring and traditional buffer. My cheek is going to be on the extension tube for all practical purposes so just how much of a difference is there to justify spending the extra for the silent capture.

I don't plan on competing beyond the club level and I still have to get parts for my Benelli

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm gathering parts for a lower 3 gun build and one of the big dilemmas is what if any are the real world differences between the silent capture spring and Jp's rifle buffer spring. I am going to use an Ace skeleton stock. If I was going to use any other stock I would probably just go with Tubbs, or Jp spring and traditional buffer. My cheek is going to be on the extension tube for all practical purposes so just how much of a difference is there to justify spending the extra for the silent capture.

I don't plan on competing beyond the club level and I still have to get parts for my Benelli
I love my JP silent capture. No spoon on the cheese grader noise and to me it seems to smooth out the cycling a bit. I think they are worth the money. I ran my on a PRS stock on now it is in a carbine buffer tube.

Plus they also sell some different rate springs to fine tune to your application

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
I love my JP silent capture. No spoon on the cheese grader noise and to me it seems to smooth out the cycling a bit. I think they are worth the money. I ran my on a PRS stock on now it is in a carbine buffer tube.

Plus they also sell some different rate springs to fine tune to your application
I agree with this. I have them in all my ARs.

·
Registered
515 Posts
What's the story with most of the retailers showing the JP SCS as "discontinued"? Is there a new model coming out?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Good question, time for some investigative work.

And here's your answer straight from the JP website.

JP Custom Buffer Springs and Silent Captured Springs
GEN 2 Silent Captured Springs Now Available!

GEN 2 SCS Improvements:

New aluminum guide rod cuts overall weight
Heavier masses translate to more buffering mass and chance of bolt bounce
Full correspondence between SCS masses and H1, H2 and H3 buffers
Additional mass added to both AR-10 and 9mm models for better, broader function
Interchangeable buffers allow conversion between AR-15 and AR-10 models (and vice versa)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Good question, time for some investigative work.

And here's your answer straight from the JP website.

JP Custom Buffer Springs and Silent Captured Springs
GEN 2 Silent Captured Springs Now Available!

GEN 2 SCS Improvements:

New aluminum guide rod cuts overall weight
Heavier masses translate to more buffering mass and chance of bolt bounce
Full correspondence between SCS masses and H1, H2 and H3 buffers
Additional mass added to both AR-10 and 9mm models for better, broader function
Interchangeable buffers allow conversion between AR-15 and AR-10 models (and vice versa)
hhmmmI might have to get one of those

1 - 7 of 7 Posts