6.8 SPC Forums banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!

It's been awhile and I need HELP!

1077 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Trent
Hey Guys, It's been quite a while since I've posted on here. Just been really busy and haven't had time to check in or mess around with 6.8 stuff.

Anyways, I just threw together a new build. So I'll share what I've got!

Upper:
Aero precision upper
WMD NiB BCG and parts
Daniel Defense Bolt
BCM Gunfighter CH
Daniel Defense 16" S2W barrel
Geissele SMR 13" rail
Geissele Super gas block
Dead Air Keymount Flash hider (Big hint to my problem!)

Lower:
YHM lower
POF 3.5lb Flat faced trigger
CMMG LPK
Magpul MOE+ grip
BCM buffer kit
LWRC H2 buffer and H3 Buffer (THis is another part of what I need help with)
B5 bravo stock
D&H 25 Round mags for factory ammo. ive got a couple 5 rounders for handloads loaded out longer

Soooo.... The rifle with the H2 buffer or H3 buffer runs absolutely perfect Without the can on it. It shoots absolutely excellent. I was getting 1"-1.25" groups with all sorts of various factory loads! When I put the can on with the H2 buffer I immediately got a failure to feed. it outpaced the magazine and caught the round further up cramming it into the feed ramp. So I threw my H3 from my LWRC IC SPR in it and it ran fine but I was getting failures to lock back on empty. Seems its still cycling a little too fast. I Was using magpul 5.56 mags with only 3-5 rounds in them as all I had at the time last weekend was LWRC SIX8 mags. I just got my D&H, CPD, and ASC mags in yesterday and today. Will see if they change anything but I doubt it as the follower of the 5.56 mags should still be pushing up on the bolt catch no problem.

Do I have any options to help slow down bolt speed or am I going to have to get an adjustable gas block? I tend to try and avoid adjustable gas blocks as much as possible and I've never had to get one yet. This is the first DI 6.8 I've suppressed though and it is VERY Gassy.

The can is a DeadAir Sandman S by the way and it is an absolutely excellent suppressor.

Thanks guys!
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I would put a standard buffer in it and an adjustable gas block or gas key. When you run it with the can it is going to be overgassed and the gas needs to be restricted.
I'm not a can expert but an adjustable gas system would be my guess.
Well, I guess I'm going to have to look at an adjustable...

I was planning to dimple for set screws and drill the barrel for the roll pin, but now I'm looking at a different option. Does anyone have experience with clamp on style gas blocks?

I'm looking at the Superlative Arms adjustable gas block and I'm thinking of going with the clamp on style because I was told this is actually a very strong mounting system for a gas block.
I've used GGandGs clamped on flip up sight/ gas block. I don't know if they have an adjustable, but I would check. Clamp on are very strong and easy to use just make sure you line up the gas ports.
Look at SLR gas blocks. I've got a clamp on and I like it a lot. It's got 15 detent positions so you can return to your settings when you switch from suppressed to unsuppressed.
I use SLR set screw adjustables and haven't had any issues with them.
I just got a Master of Arms titanium clamp on adjustable. So far it is great. It fits under my hand guard easily and is simple to use. I got it on sale for $130 from wingtactical.com
Well, I guess I'm going to have to look at an adjustable...

I was planning to dimple for set screws and drill the barrel for the roll pin, but now I'm looking at a different option. Does anyone have experience with clamp on style gas blocks?

I'm looking at the Superlative Arms adjustable gas block and I'm thinking of going with the clamp on style because I was told this is actually a very strong mounting system for a gas block.
JP gas block comes with gas tube installed. Clamp style.
I still haven't gotten my superlative arms gas block. I just emailed them a second time. Two weeks ago they said they were a week and a half out on shipping them. May have to just buy a different brand.

But I shot the rifle today some more without the can. The can causes occasional malfunctions but without it runs 100%.

I shot 110gr vmax, 110gr BTHP, 115gr SSA BTHP, S&B FMJ, and 120gr SST. Everything shot well for factory ammo.

Anyways, accuracy with and without the silencer is excellent. I was getting 1.75" groups at 200 yards and right at 1" at 100 with a vortex 1-6 power scope off of bags.

The scope is still being borrowed from my IC SPR. This 6.8 is probably going to get the Primary Arms 1-6x with their KISS reticle. Make for a good simple scope for most uses. For those who doubt, a 1-6x scope is good to 300 yards on prarie dogs :)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts