6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built the rifle when the original 6.8 cartridge was being used. I understand there is a hotter round now and am wondering if I can shoot it or have the rifle specifications changed to accomodate the newer, hotter cartridge? Thank you for any replies.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
I built the rifle when the original 6.8 cartridge was being used. I understand there is a hotter round now and am wondering if I can shoot it or have the rifle specifications changed to accomodate the newer, hotter cartridge? Thank you for any replies.
i don't know if factory ammo is hotter than previously, i know it's being reloaded hotter for the spc II chamber. updating your rifle requires the chamber reamed to the new spc II chamber

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
here is a quote from a well know guy around here

" ALL 6.8 ammo is the same size. All 6.8 chambers are the same size. All factory ammo will fit in a 6.8SPC, SPCII or ARP chamber. The only difference in the chambers is the length of the freebore. The length of the freebore can determine how accurate the barrels are.

NOT 1 company loads factory 6.8 SPCII ammo.

The original 6.8 SPC chamber is comparable to the 223 chamber. The ARP chamber is comparable to the 223 Wylde chamber. The 6.8 SPCII chamber is comparable to the 5.56 Nato chamber."

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yep. All current ammo manufactured is SPEC I. SSA manufactured SPEC II ammo before they were bought out by Nosler. If you find some older SSA ammo that is SPEC II, that what is likely not safe in your rifle since you have a SPEC I 6.8.

Opps...., Tx Hog Man beatme to it!

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Welcome. About time you got here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts