6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I appreciate all the responses so far and almost bought the viper just because of the price and will get one of the vx freedoms for another rifle I have. Just bought a 10.5" 7.62x39 upper that I'm planning on hunting with under 100yds and lastly for hd so my parameters have changed on the scope I need now. Would like a 1-6 or 1-8 under $400 preferably under $300. I want the variable power because I like magnification when working up loads and shooting targets. I do that more than hunting. Only hunt when the freezer is empty. I currently am looking real hard at the Burris rt-6 with pepr mount for $350. Also not a fan of either strike eagle. If there is something else I should be looking at please let me know.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I ended up with the Burris rt-6 with the ballistic ar reticle and am really happy with it so far. It works really well at night using a light. Haven't hunted with it yet but it works really well. I was walking back to the house after mounting the scope and all my attachments/light around 11pm and 3 hogs walked out of the tree line at about 75 yards. Chambered a round and they didn't even care I was there. I was really tempted to pull the trigger but passed because I wasn't sighted in yet. Next day I learned I would have made a hit as the scope was only 1" off at that range. The reticle was clear with no illumination and even better set at the 1 illumination setting.

·
Registered
367 Posts
For super low budget, the pitney I have is 4-16x was about $150. So far been awesome on my 6.8. Dialed it in for 100 yards and can just use the Mil dots to adjust

21 - 23 of 23 Posts