6.8 SPC Forums banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

· Registered
9,009 Posts
Saw Small Pistol primers available this past Saturday at a gun show. They were ONLY $100 a thousand. Some brand that I had never seen before.

• Sad
Reactions: earlytom

· Registered
3,487 Posts
American Reloading has primers almost always, but who wants to spend 100+ for a thousand?
Anyway powder and primers at AR.
Yeah $600 for 5000 of a brand you have never heard of is a little steep (ginex).

Midway is CCI and at $90 for SPM and $99 for SRM its not much different in price but at least you have heard of them before.

· Vendor
2,420 Posts
American Reloading has primers almost always, but who wants to spend 100+ for a thousand?
Anyway powder and primers at AR.
Those ginex primers are oversized.
They do not want to seat at all.

· Registered
357 Posts
Those ginex primers are oversized.
They do not want to seat at all.
Thanks for the info, I was not aware. If I’m gonna spend that money on primers though I’ll get some that I’m familiar with.
Also, not sure if primer cost is the reason for ammo prices or if they are gouging the primer costs. Someone here with more knowledge than myself can chime in.

· Registered
52 Posts
MidwayUSA has Hornady 110 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail #27200 in stock.
It is also back on Hornady’s website on the .277 bullets page.
I bought a box of these from Midway last week. I'm new to 6.8 reloading...was this product discontinued for a while?
(Reviews on Midway website seem to have stopped 2-3 years ago, but there is a single review from just over a week ago)

81 - 100 of 106 Posts