6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this thread will be a little less contriversial than my last one.

I am at time an avid reader, I'm sure I'm not the only one here. My usual reads are fiction, I don't get into the non-fiction much unless it's a text book for school. I count Mr Larry Correia amongst the authors who's works I've enjoyed reading over the years. I've read the entirity of the MHI and Dead Six series amongst others. IIRC he bought Dead Six to a close, but I wish the next MHI would hurry up and drop. When I eventually have the time for pleasure reading again, I'm sure that his works will be back on the list. Anyhow...

It's not the type of book I'd normally read, but I got notice from Amazon today that he released a new book. "In Defense of the Second Amendment". I'm not going to repeat the snyopsis, but that is a link to Amazon page if you want to check it out. Given the subject and my opinion of the author, I'm considering bucking the norm and purchasing it to read.

Being the community of gun nuts that you are here, I was wondering if any of you have checked it out and what your thoughts were? I don't expect you to have read the whole book, just comment on what you've seen if you don't mind sharing.

· Registered
476 Posts
"... Political threads remain prohibited ..."

Read this elsewhere here.

Numero uno, I'm not chomping at the bit to be the "Political Editor", but I do check a LOT of political sites daily and often stumble into articles I think would (should?) be of interest to gun owners.
Gun owners, being mostly conservative minded (me included!), have a tendency to push politics aside in the interest of, "Just leave me out of it."
I have learned, of late, that it is becoming more and more important for gun owners to keep up with the political side of things.

But then I see the "Heads up NM" thread.
So apparently, "some" political links are allowed.
If I may be so bold, "when and where" or would those "links" need to be run by a moderator?
I don't mind the moderation.
Just curious.

· Administrator
22,668 Posts
General mood here is that if it's 2A related, we tend to be a little slower to "moderate". Just keep it to "make your point and leave it be". If you want to sit and argue ad-nauseum about politics, take it to a political forum. Go that route here, and we start to grumble and cut/slice.

Other than that, we have the "humor of the day" thread.

· Registered
476 Posts
Thank you for your reply.

I think that's acceptable. Yes sir, there are other places to do the "ad nauseam" thing.

...and should they be posted here on "General Discussion"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts