6.8 SPC Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Someone once said, grab the very best and most familiar first because the fight may only last a minute.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
A somewhat more interesting (to me anyway) would be what would you grab if you could only grab one, not one of each. For me there is no question it would be a 12 gauge pump gun. I have just about every flavor of ammo and could make the weapon work in a variety of circumstances. And if it comes to that concealment is not an issue.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
A somewhat more interesting (to me anyway) would be what would you grab if you could only grab one, not one of each. For me there is no question it would be a 12 gauge pump gun. I have just about every flavor of ammo and could make the weapon work in a variety of circumstances. And if it comes to that concealment is not an issue.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Crap -- hoe do you edit a post with this new platform?

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Just one? Short 15 minute deal, 6.8 with 85gr TSXs in LWRC receivers and Pmag 30 rounders because I have a few thousand TSX loaded up from 2009. Cavity Back 100gr would be my choice for hunting.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I am not a shot gun guy and don’t even own one. Rifle would b my 12.5” 5.56 suppressed Hodge and my G19 with an RMR, suppressor height sights and an X300 light.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Probably my old Rock River M4 in 5.56, only AR I have that also has open sights.
My old coast to coast hardware store pump 12 ga full of buckshot and slugs.
My Springfield Armory XD subcompact 40 SW, just because its the one I have the most ammo for.
If one and only one probably my Remington pump 22 would work for most things and who knows how many 1000s of 22 are laying around.

·
Registered
372 Posts
LOL no problem here. I just like to use the largest caliber I can be accurate with. I figure that in a SHTF situation at my age I'm not going to running and gunning and I'm going to want to lay as much hurt down on my intended target as possible.;)
I dont like the ergonomics of the glock. Debating on an XDm in 10mm to go with my banshee

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was asked this question several times as a range master during my 40 years as a match director on a FL military base. The questioner’s response was always more interesting, Oh, you are one of those...... Yep. My answer was and is, a single shot, scoped, short barrel, 22LR with a baby bottle made of soft plastic. I will have any weapon I want including crew served, in minutes.

In a survival situation quiet surprise is the key to survival, not firepower.

Now in a situation turned upside down, riots, etc. you do not carry one handgun, you carry three. Urban, a shotgun, suburban a scoped AR 5.56/223 with suppressor. I was involved in multiple events involving hurricanes, like Katrina, how soon we forget, right.

The one thing left out is a blade, the hatchet or knife, know how to use it or learn. It is both defense and offense and is an effective weapon in trained hands, especially in quiet surprise attack. I carry a Benchmade auto with a tonto blade, half serrated, to cut rope or straps. Do not forget food saver bags.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I dont like the ergonomics of the glock. Debating on an XDm in 10mm to go with my banshee
I agree about Glock ergonomics. They just don't work for me. I just built a polymer80 frankenglock 17 - way nicer gun to shoot. It points like a hand gun ought to.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Springfield Armory SD-9, cause I am good with it.
My Mossberg 500 short barrel, with buckshot.
My Stag 5 LH 16 inch barrel AR in 6.8. Would it be cheating if I carried a longer barrel upper as well?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts