6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, for the rifle my first choice would be my 6.8 SPC AR. But looking at it from an ammunition availability standpoint it might be smarter to go with the .556 version.
The shotgun is easy - my Remington 870 in 12 ga.
Pistol is easy too - one of my 1911s.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
12.5 ARP 6.8 suppressed for all the city people who are going to swarm my place looking for game to kill ( no wildlife is not fair game if it's on someone else's property) Browning 22 for game . 12 gauge 870 in case it gets so bad I have to start eating birds .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Browning citori 3.5, Briley sidekicks in the pack. Could shoot any 12ga and 2-3/4” 20ga
Smith and Wesson M&P core 5” in 9mm.
I have the 40 but would choose 9mm for shtf because of ammo availability. The red dot is accurate to past 25 yards. Apex trigger is a must
Ideally a 308 built light with a 12 power scope to stretch capability to 600 yards

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I'd get the gun/revolver that Superman ducks from when its thrown at him! That must be some uber tactical weapon!

·
Super Moderator
21,508 Posts
I'd get the gun/revolver that Superman ducks from when its thrown at him! That must be some uber tactical weapon!
LOL That was always good. He'd let the bullets bounce off, but ducked when they'd throw the gun. If you remember those cliff-hanger shows, you're showing your age.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Some folks like to argue about things that don't matter. I would feel perfectly comfortable with a PSA carbine if that is what I had.
There's more to what you say than you might think--I have a PA10 carbine I put together with fixed irons cowitnessed with a reddot and for fast, accurate freehand engagement it's a heck of a shooter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My suppressed Ruger scout in .308, my Glock 19, and something in 12 gauge. I don't do much shotgun shooting outside of clay birds.

·
Registered
691 Posts
For me, it would be one of my 4 6.8’s. i’ve got enough ammo that if i shoot all of it in anger,,, i’m in some deep zombie’s and won’t make it out alive anyway. Shotgun would be my 1187 with 20” barrel, it’ the only one i own. pistol? i love my 1911’s, but it would have to be a high cap 9 in either Glock or Sig.

·
Registered
9 Posts
.300 Blackout Suppressed 7.5” barrel w/PSB and 1-8x24 LVPO
12 Gauge Mossberg 590 Shockwave W/PSB
Springfield XDM 10 OSP TB

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the real world if SHTF like right now I'd go with what I have on hand, with "enough" ammo, that I know works...suppressed 556 AR, 20ga Mossberg 500, CZ P07 w/ option for suppressor.

In the fantasy world where I have anything I want and all the ammo and mags I need and everything works...suppressed 6.8 AR, a Benelli M4 with a 14" barrel and the option for an XCaliber SS1C, and a CZ75 with the option for a short can like an Omega 9K.

Fantasy honorable mention rifle would be a Liberty Leonidas integrally suppressed 300BLK AR, because quiet.

My suppressed 10/22 SBR would probably tag along, too, because it's stupid quiet, fits in a backpack, and easily hits a 33% IPSC target at 100yds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
SHOTGUN
My Benelli M4 because 12gauge is everywhere and the M4 a death-dealing machine. I've run it HARD and it has never ever failed, anywhere, ever in close to 4 thousand rounds. Of course this means it's time to invade my Federal LE1321B stash because this is what I've been saving it for. And yes, the M4 loves it just as much as every other load I've fed it.
RIFLE
Probably my Centurion Arms carbine. One, because of ammo availability, the load out that you can carry with 5.56, and its accuracy and reliability. It's a 16" CHF barreled mid gas carbine that is shockingly accurate. Its lightweight, not 3lbs light but much lighter than I had hoped for, plenty maneuverable and besides I'll be getting my wife and myself away from any major cities so I dont anticipate a lot of moving room to room. Its topped with a 1-8 LPVO. I have plenty of precision, barrier, and issue type ammo for my 5.56 guns. Oh, grab the Magpul D-60's!!! They just work.
HANDGUN
OOOOOH, this is a tough one. My first instinct was my Glock17. Again because of ammo availability and reliability. 24 round mags, 33 round mags, 40 round mags. All have been function checked with my gun, and run. Sorry Glock haters but the 6 that I have owned have endeared themselves to me. Yes, they're ugly but mine have been great guns. Plus, they're ubiquitous so extra mags and parts will be easy to come by later on. This is gonna last a while ya know.

Gonna arm the wife with all of my second choices.1

·
Registered
263 Posts
Biggest factor for me: what kind of ammo might be most common when I start running low (if I don't die first). I can see a lot of situations where finding boutique ammo could be a problem.

My 5.56 AR with 1-6x24 Primary Arms scope with ACSS reticle, my Winchester 1897 12 ga pump riot gun with steel buttplate and 6 rd mag tube, and my Smith M&P 9L with all the Apex goodies.

·
Registered
588 Posts
6.8 12.5" AR with 30mm 3-9x40 scope, Benelli M1 12 ga, and the Glock 20 (maybe the Wilson .45 if I see that first). My wife has her own favorites - mostly my former favorites :).

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Besides that pistol that Uber Man ducks from when shot....

One AR with an 5.56 upper and my lighter 6.8 upper, 870 12 gauge and my glock 40 MOS with a spare 40 cal barrel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
  1. My 71/2" 5.56 AR15 with a Sig brace is always locked and loaded. H&K VP9 and 3 mags are handy. I would probably grab my S&W 1911 45 before my 5 round EAA MKA shotgun or any shotgun. While I've considered SHTF scenarios I didn't take it seriously until lately. An interesting SHTF read is Stephen Coonts, Liberty's Last Stand. It was published in 2016 and a good contemporary fictional look at America's political environment. The author was obviously referring to the incumbent administration at the time of his writings and without knowledge of the future. But as I was reading it in late 2016 knowing the history of the two presidential candidates I was clearly thinking there was a far greater dictatorial risk in the future with them. Just don't forget it's fiction!

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I am grabbing at home... 8" 300blk, holosun solar 515, with omega 30 and the bag with 8 30's half sub half 120sst. My benelli SBE. Sig xtac 9 w+ extended mags with octane 9hd. Hmmm now I'm second guessing.. Or my Stribog with octane 9. Well it was a pistol before I SBR'D it and swapped to a sig folder.

Leaving to go hide out in the woods... 16" 6.8arp 1x8 PA and psv. With my NF 5x22 on adm mount in back pack. Omega 30. 870 20g. Springfield xdm 5 9mm holosun 507c solar viridian green lazer/light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, if SHTF for reals, that means I've already got my Fireteam (aka family), but if we're limited to 1 rifle/shotgun/pistol per person:
-3 AR's (16" 5.56 w/ 1-4xLPVO, 16" 6.8 w/ 1-6xLPV0, 8.5" 300BO w/ RDS), all suppressed & lasers. Should cover all of our intermediate to up close & personal needs.
-1 "slightly modified" M70 in .300WM w/ 6-24x. Should cover the "time to reach out & touch someone" needs, if needed.
  • Don't plan on any bird hunting or door breaching, so only 1 Mossberg 500. I'll trade the other 3 shotguns for ammo.
  • Pistols - Three 9mm (Rugers) and one 45 (STI). Funny enough, that's all the pistols we currently have here, but I'd be leaving a LOT of rifles behind.
Also going into the truck - comms, dogs, food, water, all the ammo & reloading supplies, etc. Should be loaded & on the back roads in <15 mins.

That should get us to where we need to be, aka our ranch. At that point, the ARs start getting modified since NFA no longer applies as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well since it is me and my wife and using what we already have, it would go something like this: For her, rifle would be AR in 5.56/.223. Shotgun would be Benelli Montefeltro 20 gauge. Pistol would be Beretta Cheetah in .380. For me, it's a little more complicated. Shotgun would definitely be a 20 gauge Stoeger Uplander. Primary use would be small game and this gun is short (not necessarily light) and having two barrels, two triggers, and two chokes that can selected instantaneously adds to its versatility. Rifle and pistol is where it gets complicated. On the one hand, AR-10 .308 and 9mm would be a good choice for ammo availability but on the other hand, having the lever action rifle and revolver both in .44 magnum makes for one ammo for both guns which is appealing. My 9mm is a Ruger LC9S which only holds 8 rounds so going with the revolver isn't giving up too much capacity and needless to say, the .44 magnum will make sure they stay shot as someone mentioned earlier whereas the 9mm might take more than one shot. Inside of 100 yards or so, the lever gun .44 magnum is just as accurate as the .308. Not sure if the need to engage beyond 100 yards is really going to be necessary and we would have the wife's 5.56/.223 for that if that came up. I would probably go old school and do the lever gun and revolver both in .44 magnum along with the SxS double shotgun. I guess it's the old westerns influencing me!;)

41 - 60 of 72 Posts