6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Don't worry H I have had mine on for awhile also. I build my armory with that in mind. Right now I think I am good to go.
308 AR-10 for reach out and touch someone.
6.8 16" build because you know........
5.56 11" because shorty and common military round. Also have a 16" upper I don't want to part with because it is super accurate.
AR9 because home defense and stupid quiet with subs
9mm pistols for common ammo
1911 commander style because you have to have one right? Also super fun with a can.
22lr rifle and pistol to plink with although rifle is super accurate and rounds are cheap.

I have a Camp 9 but don't use it as much since I got the AR9 built.

future build of 300BO because stupid quiet rifles are nice to have around for a specific purpose.

·
Registered
474 Posts
This conversation is always fun. I would love to see what people are buying and more importantly who is coming off the fence to buy. For me: my Colt M4 Clone with ACOG (because it’s powered by the f-ing sun-GarandThumb)
Vang Comp Rem 870 with Ghost Rings
And the S&W 1911 Commander...round butt, night sights, and lightweight frame. I do love my 6.8 pistol but that M4 is a solid piece of kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
I would have to pick an AR if I could find one around here.
Rem 870 pump
45 acp

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
AR in 7.62x39 because 556 is for rodents. and ammo is still readily available.
Mossberg 12 ga
I dont care for the plastic fantastics so I'd probably go with my CZ 75B 40S&W with a 9mm SP01 barrel fitted for it as well. The same mecgar mags work for both calibers. Plus i can squeeze in 21rds of 9mm or 17rds of 40sw. Second choice would be my P01 followed by 1911

·
Registered
61 Posts
On other forums they argue for hours whether a KAC, LMT, BCM, or HK MR556A1 would be the best without a mention of a Galil, AK, Tavor or SCAR.
What good is any of those if you don't have the tools or know how or the parts to keep them running!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
If it is what we already have then here is what I would go with:
1187 12ga - 92FS 9MM - Home built Ar 556 and a 30.06 safari strapped across my back.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Rifle and pistol would be my standard daily carry: 10.3" 6.8 & G19.

Shotgun would just be my standard 870, although if I were to chose anything, the Benelli M4 would be it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the rifle, I would keep my Remington Model 8 in 35 Remington. It shoots my cast lead bullets beautifully, and can be loaded as a pussycat or a hammer. For the shotgun, my Remington 11-48 in 12 ga for the versatility. Handgun would be my Springfield 1911.

Huh. I guess I am just a fan of Mr. J. M. Browning after all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That reminds of this video
, guys talking about this exact topic for almost 20 minutes.
Btw, that's probably offtopic but I bought a CZ Shadow 2 recently and I am choosing a handgun safe right now. If you would recommend something from this list, I'd appreciate that. Write in DM if you have one

·
Registered
13,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
63 Posts
The rifle would be a toss up between my 12.5" 6.8 with Surefire Suppressor or my SCAR 17 13" with the same can.
Shotgun my Benelli M-1014
Pistol my Glock 40 MOS 10mm , Because if I have shoot people with my pistol,I want them to stay shot.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The rifle would be a toss up between my 12.5" 6.8 with Surefire Suppressor or my SCAR 17 13" with the same can.
Shotgun my Benelli M-1014
Pistol my Glock 40 MOS 10mm , Because if I have shoot people with my pistol,I want them to stay shot.
So I need to upgrade to a 10mm so that when I shoot something the bullet holes stay there? Damn I haven't had bullets jump back out of a target yet with my 9mm but it's good to know it can happen...... j/k. I know what you meant just saw a chance to inject some levity.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I need to upgrade to a 10mm so that when I shoot something the bullet holes stay there? Damn I haven't had bullets jump back out of a target yet with my 9mm but it's good to know it can happen...... j/k. I know what you meant just saw a chance to inject some levity.
LOL no problem here. I just like to use the largest caliber I can be accurate with. I figure that in a SHTF situation at my age I'm not going to running and gunning and I'm going to want to lay as much hurt down on my intended target as possible.;)

21 - 40 of 72 Posts