6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to pick one rifle, one shotgun and one pistol for a SHTF, civil unrest situation, NOT survival situation what would they be? Now that we have seen how easy it is to start a panic with the Corona virus thing. Lets say something like Argentina happens, the economy collapses, supply lines stop because people are hijacking Walmart and Publix trucks. Everyone panics and the store shelves are empty after 2 weeks, people are rioting. People are fighting over food like they do over electronics on black Friday. Armed gangs wearing funny masks are roving.

Anything will work for hunting if need be, I've seen everything from blk bear down taken with a 22.

SG- Benelli M2, M3 or M4 possibly the new IWI Tavor TS12. I run an M2 for 3 gun but the 3 and 4 may be as good or better.
Rifle- Home built 12.5" AR in 5.56 because of ammo BUT a short 300 suppressed may not be a bad idea if you need to be quiet. Can't believe I considered that. 1-4x 30mm scope, Geissele SD-3G or National match
pistol- I'll go with what I use for 3 gun, Glock 34 with Ghost trigger parts.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Rifle: my built AR 6.8 90 grn Gold Dots
Shotgun: Mossberg Pump with the 1 3/4" slugs
Pistol: SnW 10mm revolver 6" with red/green dot. super fast flat shooting 135 grn JHP

·
Super Moderator
11,855 Posts
AR 6.8 with 12.5" barrel suppressed, 20ga Rem 870 pump and my Sig 220, maybe the 226 for much higher capacity.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
AR carbine-5.56, Mossberg 12 gauge pump, Glock 17

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On other forums they argue for hours whether a KAC, LMT, BCM, or HK MR556A1 would be the best without a mention of a Galil, AK, Tavor or SCAR.

·
Super Moderator
11,855 Posts
On other forums they argue for hours whether a KAC, LMT, BCM, or HK MR556A1 would be the best without a mention of a Galil, AK, Tavor or SCAR.
Some folks like to argue about things that don't matter. I would feel perfectly comfortable with a PSA carbine if that is what I had.

·
Registered
57 Posts
AR15 in 223 Wylde (12,5 ARP, built on AERO receivers) with my Romeo Red Dot and Juliet Magnifier; KIMBER TLE 45; Remington 870 12g (old trusty) shorty door buster barrel.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
This one is easy for me to answer...
My 7.5" 6.8spc with GemTech One can.
Remington 1100 with extended magazine
Para Ordinance P-14

·
Registered
311 Posts
If I’m home, my grab and go will be my ARP barreled LR308. If I’m out and about, my new ARP 223W 3R that I’m waiting on the barrel now to finish build.
Akdal M1919 12ga with 00buck
G19 or G20

·
Super Moderator
21,745 Posts
Ammo. I don't need to what-if, what should I have? I just need more ammo.

Reactions: A.Hol1

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
At the house: 12.5 6.8, Rem870(that's all I got), G20 or G17
Expected longterm dislocation: 5.56 AR, Rem 870, G17

·
Registered
255 Posts
Old school stuff for the most part, AR, Ithaca model 37, 45 ACP commander...after 40 years of hauling these things around i’ve gotten used to em. The only thing that’s changed is the AR, it’s a little lighter and more compact with a modified tipping block bolt system and the 45’s blue is all worn off of one side and is on it’s third barrel.

Reactions: Ratdog68

·
Super Moderator
21,745 Posts
Old school stuff for the most part, AR, Ithaca model 37, 45 ACP commander...after 40 years of hauling these things around i’ve gotten used to em. The only thing that’s changed is the AR, it’s a little lighter and more compact with a modified tipping block bolt system and the 45’s blue is all worn off of one side and is on it’s third barrel.
Look who's still alive and kickin' !! Don't be a stranger, just be strange !

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey, look who's a supper mod! ...congratulations !
Yeh, I'm still alive, just don't kick as high as I used to, but if i get any more ugly I won't need a gun. I can scare em to death.

·
Super Moderator
21,745 Posts
What matters is that you still kick as hard. Naw... "ugly 'em to death"... that's my job.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I still have a M37 that my ad bought me when I was 14. First dove gun and I carried it so much I wore the bluing off.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
If it is what we already have then here is what I would go with:
1. my 11" 5.56 upper with can and 1-6x Primary Arms scope.
2. my M&P 2.0 9mm It's my comp gun so very comfortable with it. Also I have a can for it.
3. my Remington 11-86 with red dot.
4. Martin Onza set at 70lbs with mechanical broadheads that expand to 1.5" cutting diameter. Pretty good with it out to 70 or 80 yards. It's even quieter than my AR9 with subs.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As assumed I have had my tinfoil hat on for a few weeks. Most of you know I've had this business going since 2008 full time. Things are different this spring, the people ordering, how much they are ordering and what they are ordering. Panic, preparation or maybe they found the tinfoil too? Maybe it's just tax refund season on top of stimulus checks on top of people being stuck at home bored and they have been playing Call of Duty a little too much.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts