6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20" 308 barrel from juggernaut tactical and I'm trying to identify the had length. It says on their website this specific barrel has a mid length has system but when I compared it to my other barrel with mid length gas it was different. I measured the gas system length and it came up just over 10 inches from gas port to barrel extension.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have a 20" 308 barrel from juggernaut tactical and I'm trying to identify the had length. It says on their website this specific barrel has a mid length has system but when I compared it to my other barrel with mid length gas it was different. I measured the gas system length and it came up just over 10 inches from gas port to barrel extension.

Acter searching around, everything is pointing toward a mid.

So mid

so you compared it was this longer or shorter that the ones you'd compared it to?

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
measured my mid gas 308 barrels (but can't be super exact because they're already completely built) and measurement is in the range of mine

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
Looks like a Mid gas system to me. The gas port will be approximately 10" from the end of the extension to the gas port, a slight difference will not matter as long as the tube properly fits into the gas key.

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
The first showed that barrel at Shot Show, I just had to feel it, then I asked is it mid length and they said Yes.

I love my 18 inch but the 20 inch is almost as light and should be a laser.

Enjoy, the JT 5R barrels are just the perfect hunting and target barrel.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up 2 of them from someone I know with intent to use one on my lr308 because the 20" is actually lighter than my Rainier 18". Thanks for all the help!

Sent from my XT1585

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm currently selling the 20" juggernaut because I picked up 2 and only need one so I'm letting the other one go at a loss. It's the stainless 20" version if anyone here would be interested

Sent from my XT1585

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
if I remember correctly, the DPMS lr-308 gas tube lengths are slightly different from the Arma-lite systems ar-10 in the 308chassis ---I can't remember what the actual lengths are though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts