6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this an AOW? or not? in the past ATF has determined that suitcase/briefcase guns are AOW's, and handguns designed to shoot while being concealed (such as guns fired from within a purse, or holster)

I think this is a stupid idea, just as the cell phone cases that actually look like a handgun... but I wonder if they have an ATF determination letter yet or not? they claim they are going to start selling them for $400 this spring, haven't seen one tested yet though
Here is the real handgun:

Here is the cell phone case that looks like a hand gun :

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The first one in the OP could save your life. The other one could cause you a lot of un-needed grief and even get you killed. Some ideas are bad ideas.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first one in the OP could save your life. The other one could cause you a lot of un-needed grief and even get you killed. Some ideas are bad ideas.
the actual handgun is a 380acp double barrel derringer ---its design is to be used at extremely close distances, BUT what I can see as a problem is you have to first remove it from it's belt clip holster, then push a safety button and unfold the pistol grip before you can even hold it in your hand, let alone finger on trigger and fire--- seems like a simple derringer would be a better idea ---maybe I'm missing something

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
An LCP is just as easily concealed. Carried one in my front pocket for years.

·
Registered
430 Posts
re

Glock 26 in pants pocket using MIC holster,works great

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to clarify, I'm not saying that that 2 barrel folding gun is the ideal concealed gun.... that is the companies name that is making it "Ideal Conceal" ...I think its dumb ... better to have that vs. nothing, but there are to s of better options.

Notice it has no sights, obviously a "gut buster gun" for SD from 5-15' is all

·
Registered
430 Posts
re

You two must have some big pockets if you can fit a G26 in there. :a04:
Well as I get older I find I dont wear my britches as tight.I normally wear levis or wranglers 2 sizes bigger than I can get into and even then the draw from the pocket has to be practiced often. With khakis on there is no problem at all.

I loop the cord from the Mic holster around my belt and as I draw the gun the holster is pulled off the trigger guard.

Really a great system as it completely covers the trigger allowing the Glock to be safely carried in the waistband or pocket .

Cost less than 20 bucks too.

Now when I go to bed I pull the 10 round Magazine out and replace it with a 33 round Magazine and it sits on a nightstand right within arms reach of the bed.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I emailed them to ask about if they have an at determination letter and here is what they said :

Can't submit a gun to the ATF until you have a firing prototype and we are just getting there.* In the wake of the massive publicity the ATF Firetech branch reached out to ask about out pistol.

After explaining that it has a rifled barrel and cannot be fired while in the closed position, I was told it is a pistol.

The difference between what your comparing the Ideal Conceal too and the gun itself is that Ideal Conceal looks like a pistol when it is a pistol.

Thanks for your inquiry.

best, Kirk

www.IdealConceal.com

From that response I don't think they are going to start selling them in "spring of 2016"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like a laser under the muzzle?

It wouldn't be my 1st or 2nd choice as a carry, but I can see how it could be useful in some situations.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
You two must have some big pockets if you can fit a G26 in there. :a04:
I've had a Glock 26 for at least 16 years. Putting it in a jean or kaki pocket is definitely not something I would even consider. I can fit the Glock 42 in my pants pockets, not my choice either.

For pocket carry, and ease of concealment, I use my LCP with Viridian Laser.

·
Registered
430 Posts
re

I've had a Glock 26 for at least 16 years. Putting it in a jean or kaki pocket is definitely not something I would even consider. I can fit the Glock 42 in my pants pockets, not my choice either.

For pocket carry, and ease of concealment, I use my LCP with Viridian Laser.
No problem at all in khaki pants pocket.
I dont carry it because it is easy,I carry it because IF I ever need it I have 11 rounds of 9mm hollow point instead of fewer rounds of 380.
Its not always easy to always carry a bigger gun ,sometimes concessions have to be made by sacrificing comfort or wearing different clothing
But the way I see it is IF I need it I need it bad and I am willing to make the concessions to give myself the best chance of surviving.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
No problem at all in khaki pants pocket.
I dont carry it because it is easy,I carry it because IF I ever need it I have 11 rounds of 9mm hollow point instead of fewer rounds of 380.
Its not always easy to always carry a bigger gun ,sometimes concessions have to be made by sacrificing comfort or wearing different clothing
But the way I see it is IF I need it I need it bad and I am willing to make the concessions to give myself the best chance of surviving.
There's a lot better ways IMO to carry a bigger frame gun than wearing clown pants to stuff one in a pocket.

I too carry larger guns, 9 mm .40 and .45. But for a pocket carry, I use a pocket gun.

·
Registered
430 Posts
re

There's a lot better ways IMO to carry a bigger frame gun than wearing clown pants to stuff one in a pocket.

I too carry larger guns, 9 mm .40 and .45. But for a pocket carry, I use a pocket gun.
I dont wear clown pants unless you consider khakis clown pants,if I am in an enviroment that calls for suit pants then that is fine as well because most dress pants have big pockets.If I am wearing shorts the I use a Kangaroo Industries shoulder holster.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
I dont wear clown pants unless you consider khakis clown pants,if I am in an enviroment that calls for suit pants then that is fine as well because most dress pants have big pockets.If I am wearing shorts the I use a Kangaroo Industries shoulder holster.
If I wore pants 2 sizes larger as your previous quote, I would consider myself wearing clown pants.

·
Registered
430 Posts
re

If I wore pants 2 sizes larger as your previous quote, I would consider myself wearing clown pants.
I can squeeze into a 32 waist size depending on brand but feel way more comfortable in a 34
I am 56 years old and not too concerned with having tight fitting pants anymore .
I feel comfortable wearing my clothes and can access my weapon in a timely manner,and that is what is most important to me.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
I can squeeze into a 32 waist size depending on brand but feel way more comfortable in a 34
I am 56 years old and not too concerned with having tight fitting pants anymore .
I feel comfortable wearing my clothes and can access my weapon in a timely manner,and that is what is most important to me.
My original post was simply stating "I"
as in me personally would not consider carrying a Glock 26 or even a 42 or 43
for that matter in a pants pocket.

If that's your method to carry and comfortable for you, that's all that matters, it's simply not for me.

When I carry off duty, most of the time I have my LCP, sometimes other guns. It just depends on where I'm going.

I was considering pants sizes being in 2" increments i.e. going from a 32 to a 36", reason for clown pants reference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.