6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd LOVE the chance to say what I feel about lots of things.

"America, love it or leave it, but don't force it to change. Instead, you don't like it here, then go away."

Stuff like that

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'd LOVE the chance to say what I feel about lots of things.

"America, love it or leave it, but don't force it to change. Instead, you don't like it here, then go away."

Stuff like that

1. Elon Musk is not the second coming of Reagan or Trump.
2. You should surely follow Reagan on the trust but verify idea.
3. You have plenty of places to "say what you feel", so do all the hippies and retards. Their place just happened to be Twitter/Facebook/TikTok/Instagram/Snapchat....Hopefully Twitter isn't gone from that list, there is just a leveled playing field on that sewer.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am actually going to ask that you make the switch sooner than later. I have no steel in the fire so to speak, but I do want to support Elon in the venture. The first 24 hours had literally 10000s of accounts unbanned, and they have been posting no problem. I personally think that politics should be banned by law from social media, only because it rips us apart, however there is a lot of great gun content on there now!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I personally think that politics should be banned by law from social media,
Guess I disagree. Virtually every founder would too. Well ok maybe not John Adams, but everyone else.

The 1stA is the Liberty Rock that the foundation of the Republic is built on.

Censorship in all forms is an anathema to a society of a free sovereign people.

·
Registered
54 Posts
disagree. Virtually every founder would too. Well ok maybe not John Adams, but everyone else.

The 1stA is the Liberty Rock that the foundation of the Republic is built on.
I understand what you are saying, I respect that you disagree. We aren't really a free sovereign society anymore and politics unfortunately has been used to champion the very thing you don't want to happen. Just to be clear things would be very different in the Republic if the USA was still a free and sovereign land, and some of the events that happened would have been reacted to differently as well.

I am obviously for as little as possible government intervention, but when we have people killing each other, banning entire swathes of society along with the cancel culture of today there is little choice in my opinion. At least if the Government banned politics from social media, we all would have somebody to hold accountable. Technology also has got to the point where unless we start letting people conduct preventative actions to protect their data, government intervention is needed badly.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Censorship in all forms is an anathema to a society of a free sovereign people.
Which precisely explains why it frightens the left so much. They know that if they cannot control the narrative and silence those that may challenge that narrative they are done because their fundamental premise for everything is fatally flawed.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The only thing government intervention produces is biased regulations and restrictions. Let people discuss politics and everything else in a civil manner, if possible. If civility can't be maintained, ban the offenders and let light continue to shine on the social issues we are dealing with. Constructive solutions can only be found when all input is tolerated. People who can't reason together can't solve problems anyway. Your perspective may differ from mine but it is equally important to evaluate both. Our society is plagued with government imposed rules, restrictions and regulations, most of which have been imposed to tip the scales in a particular manner to benefit the powers that be at the time. Leaders can arise from constructive debates. Censorship threatens the hope of productive changes. Self governance requires dedicated hard work to eliminate the self serving and greedy who would rule. Government should be by the people, for the people and of the people in that particular order.

·
Registered
380 Posts
We aren't really a free sovereign society anymore and politics unfortunately has been used to champion the very thing you don't want to happen.
What would that be exactly? I am not trying to be a smartass, I really don't believe you know what I want., so let me tell you.

I want to live in the Republic the Founders imagined, then birthed in blood and bequeathed to us. I for one am not afraid to fight for that Republic.

The saying "I came into this world covered in someone else's blood, and I am willing to leave it the same way" Pertains here.

if the USA was still a free and sovereign land, and some of the events that happened would have been reacted to differently as well.
If that is so let us change that. Silence is for lambs.

At least if the Government banned politics from social media, we all would have somebody to hold accountable.
Who? How? Where? ...Orwell and Huxley vindicated and the blood of millions of Patriots spilled in vain? No thanks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The only thing I can’t tolerate is intolerance.

• Haha
Reactions: earlytom

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I've lived just fine without twitter until now and am sure to be okay remaining invisible...
I'm not much for social media either. Never been on Facebook. I did put up Instagram until I got banned passing along medical/health/nutrition information and facts contrary to big pharma. I don't feel bad about "Meta" permanently banning me. It lets you know you are right.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not much for social media either. Never been on Facebook. I did put up Instagram until I got banned passing along medical/health/nutrition information and facts contrary to big pharma. I don't feel bad about "Meta" permanently banning me. It lets you know you are right.
I started an IG for my BBQing hobby, didn't take long for me to delete the account... that place is full of lots of crap that ain't BBQing... if you get my meaning.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My reason for wanting to ban politics from social media is that to me "we tried" the limited to no government regulation approach and all that happened is conservatives got booted off social media. Individuals who also have different opinions that don't align with either party also got the boot from social media. What recourse is there? Because of this absolutely bad rule that considers social media as bulletin board type organizations, they are very much immune from lawsuits because they claim they don't have control over the content. They do like to control it though when it's convenient for the narrative that the company sees as necessary for it's existence.

I also would regulate private companies and prevent any harvesting or retention of data, habits, etc. Except in California there is literally zero protection for all of us when it comes to private companies taking in our data, selling our data, retaining it, and using it for unscrupulous manners.

I also am using Twitter because Elon Musk bought it and immediate unbanned whole swathes of people. I agree with his principal that free speech is important and so far me posting gun stuff has not resulted in any bans, warnings or anything of that nature.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts