6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
This thread has got me all excited!!! I picked up a G40 a couple days ago. I am waiting on a Holosun 507c and some ammo at the moment. Since this will be a woods gun I will probably only pack it in my my Hill People Gear kit bag. It’s a chest bag made for packing a pistol and a few other small items. I have had it for a long time and really like it. The one thing I don’t like about it is that it’s a little slow to draw from.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
A couple of years ago I got the Sig in 10mm. It is an SAO pistol. Shoots very well, but I’d always wanted a 1911 in 10mm. A year ago I found a RIA 1911 double stack and bought it. 17 rounds of 10mm goodness! A really good shooter, too.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
My Glock 40 just now rides on the hip in the woods now with out a second thought. Its full filling the needs I been needing it for pretty well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Holsters do seem to be hard to find for this long slide'd thing, I mostly use and like the locking type holsters such as blackhawk for woods walking, atv riding and other,,, maybe something like a leg or thigh holster for the long Glock-40
Any ideas if the blackhawk holster or other similar holsters for the G20 will work with the G40??
Besides the slide and barrel protruding through the end of the holster, are the frames the same; the slides the same width on the Gen-4?
I had the same problem locating a long slide holster for my Kimber 10mm with a 6" barrel. So, I had one custom made. The pattern is the military M12 but Instead of Bianchi polyester mine is made from high grade leather.

kimber-leather-M12.jpg

41 - 48 of 48 Posts