6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
This thread has got me all excited!!! I picked up a G40 a couple days ago. I am waiting on a Holosun 507c and some ammo at the moment. Since this will be a woods gun I will probably only pack it in my my Hill People Gear kit bag. It’s a chest bag made for packing a pistol and a few other small items. I have had it for a long time and really like it. The one thing I don’t like about it is that it’s a little slow to draw from.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
A couple of years ago I got the Sig in 10mm. It is an SAO pistol. Shoots very well, but I’d always wanted a 1911 in 10mm. A year ago I found a RIA 1911 double stack and bought it. 17 rounds of 10mm goodness! A really good shooter, too.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
My Glock 40 just now rides on the hip in the woods now with out a second thought. Its full filling the needs I been needing it for pretty well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Holsters do seem to be hard to find for this long slide'd thing, I mostly use and like the locking type holsters such as blackhawk for woods walking, atv riding and other,,, maybe something like a leg or thigh holster for the long Glock-40
Any ideas if the blackhawk holster or other similar holsters for the G20 will work with the G40??
Besides the slide and barrel protruding through the end of the holster, are the frames the same; the slides the same width on the Gen-4?
I had the same problem locating a long slide holster for my Kimber 10mm with a 6" barrel. So, I had one custom made. The pattern is the military M12 but Instead of Bianchi polyester mine is made from high grade leather.

kimber-leather-M12.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm loading 200gr HST pulls over 12.6gr of A9 @ 1180, about 1.5"@25yards off my bag. Son, that load has some bark. But both brass and primers look ok to me. I'm shooting a Dan Wesson Silverback, love my 10mm. It's a blast to load for, lightweight screamers to Tyson- like heavyweight punchers like this one.
Enjoy that 10mm sir.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I already had a G20 and a SR1911 in 10mm but needed a Banshee as well. It finally came in yesterday and I got to shoot it today. I put my Trijicon RMR on top and it's a nice little package. I bought the base model 100 pistol so I could afford to dress it up the way I wanted. Still cost $1,075 shipped, but that's better than the the higher end models at $1,400 or more. I may leave the A2 grip on it. I don't have one on any of my other AR rifles or pistols so why not have just one? I did add an arm brace, which I already had, and it's ready for action now. Shoots really smooth and soft recoil. This one's a keeper. 10mm is a great caliber for this platform. I can reload 180gr FMJ for about 20 cents apiece. Cheap enough for banging steel and beer cans!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just getting into 10mm, though im doing AR pistol not handguns.
Yes, reloading for the 10mm makes it even that much better. Accurate7 and 9, Silohuette, longshot, 800x, these are a few of my favorite powders for my 10mm. I have a DW Silverback with a Wolffe 24# recoil spring and a heavier mainspring. It's a joy to shoot and reloading opens it up to all sorts of loads, light to heavy. It's just alot of fun.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I already had a G20 and a SR1911 in 10mm but needed a Banshee as well. It finally came in yesterday and I got to shoot it today. I put my Trijicon RMR on top and it's a nice little package. I bought the base model 100 pistol so I could afford to dress it up the way I wanted. Still cost $1,075 shipped, but that's better than the the higher end models at $1,400 or more. I may leave the A2 grip on it. I don't have one on any of my other AR rifles or pistols so why not have just one? I did add an arm brace, which I already had, and it's ready for action now. Shoots really smooth and soft recoil. This one's a keeper. 10mm is a great caliber for this platform. I can reload 180gr FMJ for about 20 cents apiece. Cheap enough for banging steel and beer cans!
I did the same I bought a base 100 banshee and changed the trigger, handguard, added a brace, and some knick nack parts. Biggest change was using a Kaw valley 9mm spring. Still cycles 170s, but can handle 230 buffalo bore without worrying about if going kaboom. Cases still bulged with the buffalo bore, but not as bad.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm a 10mm fan too. I live reloading for it especially. I currently only own 1 10mm though, a Dan Wesson Silverback, just about one of the finest pistols I've ever had the pleasure of owning. DW says that the Valor ( which I also own) is their flagship pistol but that the Silverback receives the same amount of attention as the Valor and believe me, it is readily evident. They're both chok full of had fitted goodness. Both have been utterly reliable, the Valor over 2k+ rounds and about 1k for the Silverback. Both pistols are absolutely stock except for springs which were a necessity especially for the 10mm because mine sees an almost steady diet of either 8.8gr of 800x under a 180gr HST or the very similar but still different 9.3gr of 800x under the same bullet and my other pet load is 13.2gr of A9 under a 200gr HST. The 8.8gr load gives me 1240fps, the 9.3gr load 1390fps and the 13.2gr of A9 with the 200gr HST gives me 1200fps which supposedly was the original specs for the 10mm. I dont know if it was or not but man, I love those 3 loads in my gun, they are just super fun to shoot. Man, when I set those things loose at the range people always start trickling by asking me what I'm shooting. 800x just has a sound like most other powder I've shot, and the smell is wonderful. All3 of those loads got some bark.
Enjoy your 10mms.

·
Registered
89 Posts
To be honest I havent really looked for any unburned powder. If you're talking just about how black the cases are then I'd say it burns pretty clean.
Take what I say with a grain of salt, I've only been reloading pistol calibers for about a year, only been reloading rifle calibers for about 3 or 4 years. Much to learn.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Yeah I was referring to the sooting factor. The velocity you listed caught my attention. Looks good! I've been loading 12gr of Blue Dot, which is over book max slightly, but I haven't chronographed them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
been getting 1400 on 180s on my banshee with accurate 7. Course the banshee is a 8" Barrel. Cant really push it up more since the chamber isnt fully supported. Need to see if the buldge is due to the brass or pressure.

·
Registered
13,757 Posts
been getting 1400 on 180s on my banshee with accurate 7. Course the banshee is a 8" Barrel. Cant really push it up more since the chamber isnt fully supported. Need to see if the buldge is due to the brass or pressure.
You know 10mm brass was originally made from the 30 Remington/6.8 brass? It would be a pain in the ass but the 6.8 brass would be much stronger.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You know 10mm brass was originally made from the 30 Remington/6.8 brass? It would be a pain in the ass but the 6.8 brass would be much stronger.
Hmm interesting idea. Moght work, though would probably need to use small magnum pistol primer since 10 uses large primers.

·
Registered
13,757 Posts
Hmm interesting idea. Moght work, though would probably need to use small magnum pistol primer since 10 uses large primers.
IIRC sm pistol are not as tall. Rem 6 1/2 primers will probably work best with the lighter striker fire of a pistol. If in an AR any sm rifle should work.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts