6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
TLHelmer said:
paulosantos said:
Since you have the SPCII Chamber, you can shoot all of them.
Not doubting you, but how do I know what chamber my upper has? I am getting to be a regular pain in the ass aren't I? :?:
You are not a pain in the ass. Early on STAG used the SAAMI Chambers, but they have ben using the SPCII Chambersfor a while now. I wold get a box of the SSA 115 Gr. SMK Combat Loads and test them out in your barrel.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Yup get some SSA OTM combat loads, shoot 5 slow fire, look for issues, fire 5 as fast as you can look for issues, then if you can shoot off a mag or two with 5 combat loads at the end and look for issues. This was how I tested the LWRC to see if she could handle the combat loads.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Like the other guys are saying, start with a cold gun and shoot five combat otm's. If the rifle can handle the pressure, get the gun hot with one or two magazines of regular ammo, then shoot five more combat loads. Some barrels can handle the hot loads when cold, but when they get hot it can be a different story.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paulosantos said:
TLHelmer said:
paulosantos said:
Since you have the SPCII Chamber, you can shoot all of them.
Not doubting you, but how do I know what chamber my upper has? I am getting to be a regular pain in the ass aren't I? :?:
You are not a pain in the ass. Early on STAG used the SAAMI Chambers, but they have ben using the SPCII Chambersfor a while now. I wold get a box of the SSA 115 Gr. SMK Combat Loads and test them out in your barrel.
Thanks guys! I am pretty sure I am a pain in the ass! I know. My wife tells me so on a regular basis!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I too have a Stag 6.8 upper (purchased a month or so ago). I was concerned as well about what chamber they used since it's not listed on the barrel anywhere. I called Stag and spoke to a very helpful tech...he said exactly what paulosantos posted above.

....actually, I had also sent them an email a few days before I tried calling them, and shortly after my phone call they replied to my email inquiry....here is the email I sent them and their response:

I recently purchased (but have not yet received) a Stag 6.8 (5H) upper and am trying to find out for sure what chambering you use for your 6.8 SPC barrels. I know that your website lists it as a 1/10 twist barrel, and SAAMI chamber, but I've heard rumors that your chambers are actually improved SAAMI spec. Is this correct? Please let me know any specifics that you have. I am interested in using some of the Silver State Armory "combat loads" which are a little hotter than normal 6.8 SPC. As I understand it, this should only be done in a rifle with an improved SAAMI spec chamber, and I believe this improved SAAMI spec chamber has improvements made to the lands in the barrel as compared to the original 6.8 SPC SAAMI spec....i.e. where the lands begin with respect to the throat of the chamber and how aggressively they are angled. Again, any insight or additional information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I have several other Stag rifles, and am looking forward to using my 6.8 SPC!
Thanks,

[email protected]
We use the Spec II chamber in our 6.8 rifles and upper halves your Siver State ammo will work fine.
-Sales

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.