6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Really glad to see the 10mm getting the recognition it deserves. I got a SnW 610 in the early 1990's...6" that has become my favorite hog and deer gun within 80 yards.
What loading are you using for bear ? Handload or factory?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really glad to see the 10mm getting the recognition it deserves. I got a SnW 610 in the early 1990's...6" that has become my favorite hog and deer gun within 80 yards.
What loading are you using for bear ? Handload or factory?
I loaded up 500 rounds (300 hollow points and 200 solids), all Rainier Copper plated. They're relatively inexpensive. I think I calculated 21 or 22 cents each. The Buffalo Bore et al... are ~$2.00 each. I might have to see what i can make myself at similar power levels. I think 200 or 210 is probably as heavy as you can go. I guess I only have a couple months to figure it out. I should probably get on it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I loaded up 500 rounds (300 hollow points and 200 solids), all Rainier Copper plated. They're relatively inexpensive. I think I calculated 21 or 22 cents each. The Buffalo Bore et al... are ~$2.00 each. I might have to see what i can make myself at similar power levels. I think 200 or 210 is probably as heavy as you can go. I guess I only have a couple months to figure it out. I should probably get on it.
If you decide to stoke up your 10mm loads to full potential(use an after market barrel KKM, Wolf etc with spring upgrade) try these DT 200 grn flat points. I get 1,300 fps out of my G-20 with same point of impact as XTP's. They're relatively inexpensive, accurate and deadly as a hunting round.........

http://www.doubletapammo.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=269&search=+hardcast+bullets

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been thinking real hard about a Glock 40. I have a G20SF and it is just outstanding. I reload for mine and just recently purchased a factory Glock 6 inch barrel for it. Every time I see a Model 40 I feel that I deserve to have one of those. I have not loaded anything heavier than 180 grains. Today, I am loading a bunch of Nosler 150 grain HP on top of Skor 800-X. Manual suggests that my load should be pushing between 1250 and 1300. Great fun to shoot.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have a 40 on my "to buy" list and it will be my next purchase. Hope to use it for some deer hunting and some coyote hunting. Will definitely need to reload for it though if I want to be able to shoot it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I plan on using mine this fall for deer. I had KT MECH make me a holster for it. A good friend who was a USN parachute rigger made the belt/harness for me.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I plan on using mine this fall for deer. I had KT MECH make me a holster for it. A good friend who was a USN parachute rigger made the belt/harness for me.

Great looking rig, bet he could sell those.

Our para-rigger/aircrew, PR2 Eureka Schmittou, was lost in action on a rescue mission summer of 1967. Larger than life wonderful guy......RIP.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
How much did the holster run you? Looking to have one just like that made, except for use with a TLR-1 as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts