6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided it was time to say hi!
I am an Avid AR platform custom builder/reseller, teach basic firearms (pistol and rifle) and do custom duracoat work. When Im not goofing off doing that stuff I'm supposed to be building custom homes!
13.5 years US Army(retired prematurely), 19 D most recently, ( CAV Scout ) and most importantly Im a single dad to a great future rifleman.
I am currently building 2 more 6.8 rifles like the one I built for myself and I'll tell you, Im used to the hitting power of my M1A's but Man this 6.8 is soon becomming my favorite rifle to shoot!
The weapons Im building are Busmaster lowers with Rock River 2 stage triggers, White Oak 16.5" match barreled and bolted. They ride in Young Manufacturing Phosphate finished Bolt Carriers. Uppers are VLTOR MUR's and capped off with TROY low profile gas blocks and TROY fore rails and BUIS. Im using Smith Enterprises Vortex flash hiders and they SOUND phenominal ( and no flash) My Personal 6.8 Custom has a Trijicon TA-31RCO ACOG on it and it works like a champ to 400M so far. If anybody would like to see pictures or would like more info on my build/s I'd be happy to share info etc.
Im glad I found you guys, TONS of useful info here and yall seem pretty friendly!
Happy Shooting,
Paul
Pic below is some of my Duracoat on a custom .223 AR I did recently.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/ ... 0826-1.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you !
It definately gets some looks... If one can see it LOL I had it out in Tucson in the brush and I had some friends look away, we all walked 20M away after I set it down. It took us a bit to see it and that was only after we were about 6 M away! Somebody said I should get lojack installed on it in case I lose it hehehee
Happy Shooting,
Paul :D

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Welcome, nice paint job indeed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts