6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm new at both the AR platform and the red dot sights so please be patient and go slow. :p I am getting a Noveske 6.8 with VIS. I plan to mount an EOTech 512 on it. Problem being that I have never mounted an EOTech and have no idea what I need to get to mount it properly. Do I need something like the LaRue mounting or will something cheaper do?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Zippy said:
Hi Folks,

I'm new at both the AR platform and the red dot sights so please be patient and go slow. :p I am getting a Noveske 6.8 with VIS. I plan to mount an EOTech 512 on it. Problem being that I have never mounted an EOTech and have no idea what I need to get to mount it properly. Do I need something like the LaRue mounting or will something cheaper do?
It comes wioth a built-in mount. When you mount it, I recommend mounting it a little forward. On a regular upper, I like to put mine on the last rail slot on the upper receiver.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You do not need this, but I like it and have one. Every one I know has one also and LOVE this riser.

Like I just posted, you do not need it but it helps

Click on the pic

This raises the EO-Tech so the iron sights are in the lower 1/3rd of the window. If you do not have this , a front sight post is 50% in the window of the EO-tech.

This is why I like it, do to the fact it lowers the front sight post and gives better visibility wile shooting.

John

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J.Boyette said:
You do not need this, but I like it and have one. Every one I know has one also and LOVE this riser.
Ahhh, that does look like just the ticket. Drives me nuts to have the target obscured! Thanks John!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts