6.8 SPC Forums banner

would you buy a LWRC set if metalmags were avail?

• Yes

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 58.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been holding back for 2 days but I can't do it any longer. The secret is out so I'll do the dirty work. I am not sure how much a SIX8 set cost now, it seems like around $500. I can tell you they are well made and function great with the pmags.
Would you buy a LWRC receiver set if metal mags were available?

ETA- I have no plans to have mags made.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
I've been holding back for 2 days but I can't do it any longer. The secret is out so I'll do the dirty work. I am not sure how much a SIX8 set cost now, it seems like around $500. I can tell you they are well made and function great with the pmags.
Would you buy a LWRC receiver set if metal mags were available?
I think they are $679.99 at Brownells.

Kerry and I shared e-mails the other day and he mentioned buying more uppers.

I sent an email and extra uppers are $199.00

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
nope - won't be buying LWRC, i have a big investment in Mega Arms and now Falkor.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If the price was more inline with regular receivers I would think about it but seeing as they are 3x as much then probably not. Loading long is not a priority for me right now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not interested in lwrc's.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If I do another build it would probably be the 6.5 arp...

·
9,111 Posts
Yup. as long as they are 30 rounders. With the long OAL it would make it great.

Also open up for other calibers as well.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Depending on price I would be interested. If the metal mags could be used with some of the different wildcats that have come out (honeycomb) then my interest would really go up.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
No thanks. I too would be more interested in a Nextgen in 243 or some variation of.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yes I would buy one if the cost is not outrageous,not anytime soon but would get one because I know some good cats will follow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nope. If I want more performance than what I'm getting with my 6.8 and am going to invest in a new platform I'll build on a Mega Maten. Just haven't decided on chambering.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I might but...

can't even find receiver sets now. Everyone is OOS or back ordered.

Honestly, the sets are too costly for most of my friends. Not many guys I know are willing to spend "2 Large" for a rifle that starts with a $700 receiver set.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I have one of the original sets they wanted me to do testing on. I tore it all back down and rebuilt the rifle on a mil spec set as It does everything I want and I prefer the weight and feel better. The LWRC set sits in the safe unbuilt now.

If people recall when Chris was involved with testing the actual Six8 rifles and I was involved with testing how these can be built by consumers we had already approached having metal mags made as we saw the potential for wildcatting. PRI who we have a relationship with wasn't interested because of the cost and how many they'd need to sell to recover their investment. It was an amazing amount of magazines needed. Much of this was approached a few years ago and discussed in depth. We passed then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have one of the original sets they wanted me to do testing on. I tore it all back down and rebuilt the rifle on a mil spec set as It does everything I want and I prefer the weight and feel better. The LWRC set sits in the safe unbuilt now.

If people recall when Chris was involved with testing the actual Six8 rifles and I was involved with testing how these can be built by consumers we had already approached having metal mags made as we saw the potential for wildcatting. PRI who we have a relationship with wasn't interested because of the cost and how many they'd need to sell to recover their investment. It was an amazing amount of magazines needed. Much of this was approached a few years ago and discussed in depth. We passed then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is exactly why I didn't even think about it. I had talked to Chad a few times about making mags like PRI did and knew what the cost was. I rebuilt my set into a 30 herrett. It's my heavy hitter LOL slings 130s only 100fps slower than the SCAR17.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Nope. If I want more performance than what I'm getting with my 6.8 and am going to invest in a new platform I'll build on a Mega Maten. Just haven't decided on chambering.
their new SF Maten (SF= small frame) looks interesting @ stated 7.2#'s
big $$$$ though
same reason i would have to pass on the LWRC 68 sets

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I would for the purpose of being able to take advantage of cats that would benefit from a longer COL. I have never been a big fan of the AR10 for the type of hunting I do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.