6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many 6.8 mags do you have at the moment? I have a lot of 5.56 mags but due to the high expense of these 6.8s, I have been using the cash to buy ammo, not so much mags. I have 4 Barrett Mags and just don't feel like I need any more than that for now... rather spend it on ammo for the 6.8.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have 6 Barrett 6.8 30 round magazines and I am going to order 6-9 more in December and a few more in January. I have a good stock of AR15 magazines and an assortment of M855, M193, Hornady 75gr TAP, Hornady 60gr TAP and general 55gr plinking ammunition. I am in the process of building up my stock of 6.8PSC ammunition and I still have a ways to go before I feel that I have enough.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Magazines wear out and can become damaged. If we end up getting screwed with another AW ban, and hopefully not worse, then you will need to rely on those six mags working for the rest of the time you own that gun. I use my Barrett's and PRI's for serious work and have a bunch of C Products 25 round mags that I use for training. The new 25 round CP's have worked well for me and I think the only real concern is the spring which can be replaced with a good chrome silicon spring like an ISMI. Anyway, the nice thing about the CP's are they are cheap enough to use for training, put the wear and tear on them and save the expensive mags.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I have a bunch and a bunch more coming...

·
Registered
262 Posts
10, and a couple CProducts mags. Would like to get a few more once I have more confidence in the gun and more money in my wallet. Whew, stocking up is pricey.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have 5 Barrett mags for my REC-7 and plan to have a few more as I am in agreement with rcrandell regarding potential bad legislation. Training mags are a good idea.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rcrandall said:
Magazines wear out and can become damaged. If we end up getting screwed with another AW ban, and hopefully not worse, then you will need to rely on those six mags working for the rest of the time you own that gun.
That's a good point.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have three and their only 10rds. each :( (I live in the Communist Republic of New York) So if anyone here decides they have too many send them my way! :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Currently I have 8 25rd PRI waffle and 7 C-Prod 25rd. My plan is to buy a few PRI's at least once a month until I have "enough" or until I can't buy them anymore. I just built my first 6.8 last month.

5.56 mags, I have ~150 various GI, Magpul, C-Prod etc. 30rd (I know guys who have bought these buy the case of 100 and have 400-500 mags in their possession :shock: )

AK mags ~100 30rd.

Pistol mags a bunch for Glocks, Sigs, S&W, XD's I have hi-cap pistol mags for pistols I don't own....but might want some day.

I vowed not to get caught pants down again when the Brady Bunch regained power.

G

·
0 Posts
Not enough, since I am behind enemy lines, I need enough for 3+ uppers, 44 counting those inbound , + my 14 for 5.56 which I don't even own an upper for yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2 25rd PRI Waffle Mags :cry: wish I had more $$$
2 15rd PRI Waffle Mags
10 25rd CProducts Mags

Bunches and bunches of 5.56 mags. :twisted:
Bunches and bunches of .308 mags :twisted:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts