6.8 SPC Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gents,

Now ready to jump on the LWRCi six8 train. Looking for all-around defense/truck gun. I don't want the hassle of a stamp and SBR so I will opt for pistol brace. I can't find any good reviews or feedback on LWRC SIX8 Pistol in 8.5 vs. LWRC SIX8 A5 Pistol 10.5. Just hoping y'all can give your thoughts.
Based on the argument most have with 10 inch vs 11.5/12 inch barrel length for 223 sbrs/pistols most argue 10 inch causes dwell time issues, doesn't allow enough powder burn to push the bullet farther, increase wear and tear on parts which could cause reliability issues if you don't maintain your firearm very well, increased loudness at the muzzle and flash. However, for a truck gun it is the perfect length if your not using a suppressor. Most will state 11.5/12 inches they will go for max length of chopping their barrel down. Now as far as the 6.8 sbrs most tend to use the 12.5 inch barerled sbr/pistols for max powder burn/max they will go for ballistics/ dwell time/ functionality. I'm sure the 10.5 and 8.5 barrels work in lwrc six8, however; all the arguments the 223 crowd has with 10 inch vs 12 inch would apply to the 8.5 inch and 10.5 inch for lwrc. Personally, If you really want a short barrel(less than 12 inches) without using a suppressor 9 inch 300 blackout would probably fit the bill better in your truck. 9 inch in 300blackout is about the max powder burn you could go/gives you a nice length for truck gun usage/ low recoil. You could put a linear compensator on it to blast the concussion/noise forward so it won't deafen you. I don't know if you planned on using ear pro everytime you took that truck gun out, if not don't use a regular compensator as you will lose your hearing and have a pretty bad headache really fast. Maybe mroe people on here that have used the lwrc 8.5 and 10.5 can give you more info.

·
Registered
13,757 Posts
Based on the argument most have with 10 inch vs 11.5/12 inch barrel length for 223 sbrs/pistols most argue 10 inch causes dwell time issues, doesn't allow enough powder burn to push the bullet farther, increase wear and tear on parts which could cause reliability issues if you don't maintain your firearm very well, increased loudness at the muzzle and flash. However, for a truck gun it is the perfect length if your not using a suppressor. Most will state 11.5/12 inches they will go for max length of chopping their barrel down. Now as far as the 6.8 sbrs most tend to use the 12.5 inch barerled sbr/pistols for max powder burn/max they will go for ballistics/ dwell time/ functionality. I'm sure the 10.5 and 8.5 barrels work in lwrc six8, however; all the arguments the 223 crowd has with 10 inch vs 12 inch would apply to the 8.5 inch and 10.5 inch for lwrc. Personally, If you really want a short barrel(less than 12 inches) without using a suppressor 9 inch 300 blackout would probably fit the bill better in your truck. 9 inch in 300blackout is about the max powder burn you could go/gives you a nice length for truck gun usage/ low recoil. You could put a linear compensator on it to blast the concussion/noise forward so it won't deafen you. I don't know if you planned on using ear pro everytime you took that truck gun out, if not don't use a regular compensator as you will lose your hearing and have a pretty bad headache really fast. Maybe mroe people on here that have used the lwrc 8.5 and 10.5 can give you more info.
The people arguing don't know it takes 30 seconds to port a barrel. The 8.5" would need to have a pistol gas system. 10.5 would need a carbine gas. For full pressure loads I would much rather use a carbine gas 10 than a pistol gas system on an 8". On top of that the 6.8 will be more powerful than a 300 BO with any length barrel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you, sir.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Gents,

Now ready to jump on the LWRCi six8 train. Looking for all-around defense/truck gun. I don't want the hassle of a stamp and SBR so I will opt for pistol brace. I can't find any good reviews or feedback on LWRC SIX8 Pistol in 8.5 vs. LWRC SIX8 A5 Pistol 10.5. Just hoping y'all can give your thoughts.
Another option is pistol caliber carbine. Love my 10mm with an 8" Barrel. 180 grains at 1400 FPS is perfect for a self defense situation. Still good to 100 yards for most targets.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another option is pistol caliber carbine. Love my 10mm with an 8" Barrel. 180 grains at 1400 FPS is perfect for a self defense situation. Still good to 100 yards for most targets.
if premium hollowpoint price would go down and the availability of ammo would go up for 10mm i would say great.
when I go hunting i bring my glock 20 as a sidearm and really because of ammo price I rarely shoot it.
I maintain shooting skills shooting my glock 21 and glock 19. However, it would be nice to train more with my 10mm if prices were decent.

·
Registered
367 Posts
if premium hollowpoint price would go down and the availability of ammo would go up for 10mm i would say great.
when I go hunting i bring my glock 20 as a sidearm and really because of ammo price I rarely shoot it.
I maintain shooting skills shooting my glock 21 and glock 19. However, it would be nice to train more with my 10mm if prices were decent.
Thats why I reload. Even the 10mm is still cheaper that 6.8. My gun doesn't like too hot a load since its a blow back. Ive been able to cycle everything I've put through it. Comes with 30 rnd glock mag.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts