6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some CProduct 25 rds and they look pretty much like a standard AR mag so my question is do you mark your mags 6.8 and if so how.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Yes they look exactly the same. I got some of the one inch stencils at the hard ware store and sprayed orange 68 on my 6.8 mags and 556 on my 556 mags, it is a tough system but it works for me....

·
Registered
89 Posts
I put blue electrical tape around the bottom. Tactile and visual.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wally World paint pencils from the arts and crafts section, works great for marking ammo boxes too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I run FDE pmags in 5.56, and barrett mags for the 6.8. I have two HK mags left for 5.56 that are pretty well beat up (50% finish remaining at best) but I only use them for plinking at the range, no hard use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use ranger floor plates on my 6.8s and regular magpuls on 556. I like to have a difference I can feel.

Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dull Yellow Paint down the larger groove on the side, and 6.8 plus capacity (i.e. 25) on the flat end in the same yellow.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
the small ridges on the 6.8 mags are much shallower then the 5.56 ridges because the cases of the 6.8 are larger

·
Registered
0 Posts
I too had been debating what to do with my mags...I've got some PRI mags that are easy enough to tell apart, but I have C-Prod 25rd mags that are SS and look very similar to my 5.56 SS C-Prod mags. I just got a small stensil at hobby lobby and used flat white spray paint....here's a pic.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have all GI aluminum grey mags for .233. All my 6.8 mags are black thats how I do it. I actually gave away to a friend my black .223 mags after got my first 6.8.

·
Banned
241 Posts
I'm going to need to do something as well. The PRI mags are distinct with the waffle pattern. But the C-pro mags in 6.8 and 5.56 are hard to distinguish.

·
9,178 Posts
Spray paint. OD green for 6.8 and desert tan for 5.56. Keep repeating it to yourself over and over and you don't forget.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My 5.56 are all old aluminum GI surplus. My 6.8 are all shiny black, new and heavier. :D
Weight alone is enough to tell them apart. And I tend to segregate the stuff, anyway. All these ideas are good, though

1 - 20 of 28 Posts